Start a Conversation

This post is more than 5 years old

Solved!

Go to Solution

December 25th, 2010 21:00

RecoverPoint Simulator Download

Hi All,

I have downloaded both files for RecoverPoint Simulator, each time I try to extract first file I receive an error where it says .vmdk is not a support zip format. I tried to extract the file with different unzip programs but I receive the same error. I downloaded the file again but still the same error.

Also would like to know what will be the second file used for which has .z01 extension and how do I extract it?

Any help on the above subject will be appreciated.

regards,

Samir

1 Message

December 30th, 2010 08:00

Samir,

I was recently having similar problems, and hence found this thread.

Not all unzip software are created equal it seems.

I have just succesfully unzipped with WINRAR and also a recent eval version of WinZIP.  Previous attempts with other software, and default expansion within windows proved unsuccessful.

Keep both files in same directory,  just open the .zip and WINRAR sorted the rest.

Good Luck.

Mark

45 Posts

December 29th, 2010 11:00

hello -- when you download you will have two files with one ending in .zip and one with .z01 -- this is a single large spanned ZIP file, so when you downlod its best that they are in the same directory.

Once both are downloaded you can start winzip on the file ending in .zip and it will pick up the .z01 file.  From there you can extract all the files.  The .VMDK file is a vmware file.  The list of all the files in the .zip/.z01 are in the simulator document.

Once the files are extracted you can start the simulator (assuming you have downloaded and installed vmware player and the latest JRE).

Don't hesitate to post any other questions you may have.

Gary

234 Posts

December 29th, 2010 20:00

Hi Gary,

I tried your suggestion but receive following error:

=========================================================================================================

!   C:\Documents and Settings\Sam\My Documents\My Virtual Machines\Recover Point\RecoverPoint_Simulator (1).zip: Unknown method in
!   C:\Documents and Settings\Sam\My Documents\My Virtual Machines\Recover Point\RecoverPoint_Simulator.zip: Cannot open C:\Documents and Settings\Sam\My Documents\My Virtual Machines\Recover Point\RecoverPoint_Simulator.zip
    The system cannot find the file specified.
!   C:\Documents and Settings\Sam\My Documents\My Virtual Machines\Recover Point\RecoverPoint_Simulator.zip: The archive is corrupt

==========================================================================================================

Any help would be appreciated.

regards,

Samir

45 Posts

I forgot to ask if you did download the files using a browser other than IE8.  If you use IE 8 (or IE 9 beta) it will name the .z01 file as .zip, but with IE 7 or earlier, or Safari or Firefox it will keep the .z01 name.

Gary

45 Posts

Are both the .zip and .z01 files in the same directory and do they have the same names-- the reason I ask is that i see a (1) at the end of the file name.

These files were created using winzip 9.0 -- if you are using this version let me know and I'll try to recreate your problem.  If it works on winzip 9.0 let me know and I'll ensure the document is updated and republished.

Gary

234 Posts

December 30th, 2010 11:00

Thanks Gary and Mark.

It worked with latest version of WinZip.

Wish you all a very Happy New Year 2011.

regards,

Samir

45 Posts

January 3rd, 2011 08:00

FYI - I've  asked that the document be revised to state WINZIP 9.0 or later (the current WINZIP release is 15) -- I don't know what release the spanning function was introduced, but it works with 9.0 as that was what was used to create and test it.

Gary

No Events found!