Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

October 25th, 2011 02:00

RecoverPoint: alarm filter

Hi,

I have a RecoverPoint SE 3.4 on CX4 and I wonder if it is possible filter the alarms from gui excluding some volumes that I dont want to replicate. I see that there are some filters on snmp, mail and syslog but I cannot find anything about how to prevent alarms in the RP related to particular volume. RP discovers through splitters all volumes contained in storage group.

Thanks

November 22nd, 2011 00:00

Hello Mario Contestabile,

Thank you for contacting EMC.

Events can be configured only based on these below settings and value. You can not create a event filter against a lun but where as you can customize it against a CG, you can choose different type of scope, levels.

I have copied some details for your reference and for more information, please refer EMC Recoverpoint administrator guide.

Setting

Value

Filter Name Unique name of the event filter to be created.

Topic

Select which events to report, according to the component of the RecoverPoint system on which the events occur:

•All Topics

•Site

•RPA

•Group

•Splitter

Groups

The set of groups that are to be subject to this filter. There is no default value for this parameter. When ‘topic’ is set to All Topics or Group, it is mandatory to designate one or more groups on which the filter is to be applied. For other topics, this parameter is not relevant.

Level

Info: Messages are informative in nature, usually referring to changes in the configuration or normal system state.

Warning: Message indicates a warning, usually referring to a transient state or an abnormal condition that does not degrade system performance.

Error: Message indicates an important event that is likely to disrupt normal system behavior and/or performance.

Scope

Normal: To report only the root cause for an entire set of detailed and advanced events. In most cases, these events are sufficient for effective monitoring of system behavior.

Detailed: This category includes all events, with respect to all components, that are generated for use by users.

Advanced: In specific cases (for instance, for troubleshooting a problem) EMC Customer Service may ask you to retrieve information from the advanced log events. These events contain information that is intended primarily for the technical support engineers.

Excluded Events IDs of events that are not subject to this filter

Let me know in case of any queries/issues. Thank you.

Regards

Suresh Thirumalaisamy

Technical Support Engineer

Worldwide Technical Support - IMG RecoverPoint

Office Hours: Sun-Thur, 20:00 to 05:00 hrs EST

Phone : (US Tollfree)1-800-782-4362 || Extn 7633381

Email : Suresh_Thirumalaisamy@emc.com

Please let us know what you think of the level of service provided by sending an email to my manager,

Vashisht, Mohit @ (Mohit.Vashisht@emc.com)

No Events found!