Start a Conversation

Unsolved

3 Posts

December 24th, 2018 02:00

Recoverpoint For VMs

what is features included on Free RP4VM and Licensed per VM RP4VM ?

December 26th, 2018 01:00

What about Free license ?

675 Posts

December 26th, 2018 01:00

Hi there,

All features are available, per-VM or per-socket license provides official Dell EMC support.

Hope that helps,

Idan

675 Posts

December 26th, 2018 23:00

All features are available when unlicensed or licensed. The difference is that there is official Dell EMC license when the product is licensed.

Regards,

Idan

February 22nd, 2021 05:00

Hi, I hope you are doing well; unlicensed RP4VM seems limited for 45 days; is it true? Another point is service reliability; in an unlicensed environment, service is down and up without any reason.

• 

6.9K Posts

February 22nd, 2021 14:00

Hello Masoud koo,

When deploying a RecoverPoint for VMs cluster, it works in Try and Buy mode until a license is installed. Which version of RP4VM are you using?

February 22nd, 2021 20:00

Thank you for replying; I've installed 5.2; as you said, there is a limitation of using an unlicensed node?

Also, on the RP4VM panel is wrote" the trial version, and not for production use"

• 

6.9K Posts

February 23rd, 2021 09:00

Hello Masoud koo,

There is not any limitation when using the try & buy, except that it is in trial mode until it is licensed.  When using the try & buy that is correct that it is not for production use.  If you are wanting to use it for production, then you will need to purchase a license and apply it. 

February 23rd, 2021 10:00

RP (2).jpeg

Thanks a million, but I'm confused; actually, I've installed the version which writes in "trial mode and non for production" is it trial mode? If your answer is yes, is there any limitation?  buying the license is mandatory?

(because my service without any intervention experience up and down.)

thank you in advance

February 23rd, 2021 11:00

thank you, sir, for the last question, is there any time limitation? because when I study Licenses agreement that there point to 45 days.

1.1 License Grant - This Agreement grants Customer a limited, personal, non-transferable, non-exclusive, limited right to use one copy of the software program available for download at this site (the "Software") in object code form on up to five Customer servers at a Customer location for a period not to exceed forty-five (45) days from the Effective Date (the "License Term"), for the sole purpose of evaluating the Software for purchase of a production version thereof unless otherwise approved in writing by EMC. This version of the Software may only be used in a non-production environment. The term "Software" shall also include any related documentation and other material or information provided by EMC. This special trial/evaluation version of the Software may contain computer code that further restricts the use of the Software to certain limited capacity environments. Customer shall make no use thereof except as expressly permitted hereunder.

• 

6.9K Posts

February 23rd, 2021 11:00

Hello Masoud koo,

You will be using trial mode until a license is applied.  All features are available when unlicensed.  When you license recoverypoint you will have a DellEMC license. With service being up & down it is hard to say what is causing that issue without looking at your system.

• 

6.9K Posts

February 23rd, 2021 16:00

Hello Masoud koo,

As it is trial you do have a limited time to use it which is 45 days.  That is also why we state that it is not for production use as if the time runs out & you don’t purchase a license then there might be issues with using the software.

675 Posts

February 25th, 2021 01:00

Hi @Masoud koo 

For using RP4VMs in production, licensing is indeed required (either per-VM or per-socket) which would also grant official Dell support for any issue you might have. Reach out to your Dell account team...

February 25th, 2021 02:00

For unlicensed, do we have any time limitation? As I studied the license agreement, there is a point of 45 days that is a limitation of using.

February 25th, 2021 03:00

I hope you are doing well; unlicensed RP4VM seems limited for 45 days; is it true? 

• 

6.9K Posts

February 25th, 2021 09:00

Hello feedtaletwo,

That is correct that it is limited to 45 days.  Now if you are going to use it for production then you will need to get a license in order to do so.

No Events found!