Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

June 18th, 2018 23:00

Recoverpoint SE to EX Cluster Conversion

Hi,

We have the RP SE and we want to covert it to EX because we have did the SAN upgrade and now we have both VNX and Unity 400 boxs. And we want to replication both in single RP system. Therefore we want to know while doing the cluster conversion on the deployment manager is both DC and DR clusters are converted at the same time ? And also want to know the is need to do any additional configurations in the VNX ? Pls advised.

1.1K Posts

June 19th, 2018 10:00

The Conversion wizard will convert both clusters on the RP system. Note that the conversion will convert the RP/SE system with the VNX arrays to a full RP system. RP/EX applies to licensing only. There are no additional configurations changes required on the VNX arrays.

Regards,

Rich

19 Posts

June 19th, 2018 16:00

forshr thanks for the update and need to know below steps are correct for the RP conversion.

1 - Configure the zone including Unity ports and RP ports

2 - Perform the Unity cluster conversion (SE to EX)

3 - Update the licenses to EX

4 - Confirm whether the RP cluster is added to Unity

5 - Add luns and Journals to RP host group

6 - Create “Test” consistency group and check whether the replication is success

1.1K Posts

June 20th, 2018 12:00

I thought you had an RP/SE system with VNX arrays in each cluster and you wanted to add the Unity arrays into the clusters?

19 Posts

June 20th, 2018 17:00

Yes you are correct...we want to add the Unity box to both clusters

1.1K Posts

June 21st, 2018 02:00

Take a look at my Using RP for Mid-Range Array Refresh doc on Dell EMC Online Support.

It’s laid out in several of the scenarios.

Regards,

Rich

2 Posts

February 18th, 2019 15:00

Hello, I have got a similar situation, however I don't have a way to connect to both clusters from a single instance of DM. I came up with the following workaround but not sure if it possible to convert from SE to EX once the sites are disconnected from each other:

1) Disconnect site B from Site A via boxmgmt
2) Connect to site A using DM and convert from SE to EX
3) Connect to site B using DM and convert from SE to EX
4) Connect Site A to site B again (optionally as I only need to have a standalone RP cluster for local replication)

If the above is not possible - is there any other option than re-installing the cluster(s)?

675 Posts

March 4th, 2019 23:00

It's OK to perform this conversion it if DM can only reach one of the clusters in the system.

No Events found!