Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

May 18th, 2010 16:00

Unable to Replicate to DR AutoStart Resource Group after fail over

First with the environment.  four server Alpha (10.10.10.1), Bravo (10.10.10.2), Charlie (10.10.10.3), Delta (10.10.10.4).  AutoStart and RepliStor loaded. 
In AutoStart: Two Resource Groups (RG_MAIN, RG_CD).
RG_MAIN has desired service, mirror data source AB, IP (10.10.10.5) and Alias (FS_CLUST).
RG_CD has mirror data source CD and IP (10.10.10.6) and Alias (DR_CLUST).
RepliStor Site DR_Clust was added to use IP v4 10.10.10.6
RepliStor has a Specification of Alpha -> DR_Clust for D:\
RepliStor has a Specification of Bravo -> DR_Clust for D:\
For now, these specs are enabled manually via RepliStor GUI
RG_MAIN is active on Alpha and RG_CD is assigned to Charlie and replication is occurring between Alpha and Charlie via DR_CLUST alias.  When RG_CD is manually relocated to Delta RepiStor may/or may not update the files in the target mirror in the Delta Server.
Particular message is that if the RG_CD group is offline for an extended period (+5 minutes) RepliStor in Alpha displays an 'Info' message that it connected to DR_CLUST via alternate IP address (10.10.10.3) which is the IP in the production interface of Charlie.  Interesting enough is that if I unplug the NIC on Charlie I see 'Info' messages if RepliStor trying to ping, and failing, the IP addresses in the heartbeat subnets and the IP of the mirror crossover cable.  Then I bring the RG_CD group in the Delta Server and it reconnects but if the connection to 10.10.10.3 is still alive it will not switchover to Delta which is hosting the 10.10.10.6 IP and Alias
How can I tell RepliStor NOT to try other IP addresses but the one listed in the site list?
No Responses!
No Events found!