Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

August 14th, 2012 00:00

EarlyWatch report check

When we got bundles of EWR reports from customers, we always have headache the reports are not containing right things there. Some got information useful to storage design and most of information are business related. Could you advise the steps to collect EarlyWatch reports, which makes it helpful in storage design work? I am not sure if it has any parameters to setup as AWR reports collected.

161 Posts

August 22nd, 2012 00:00

As more reports read, I still find there are different layout on reports with SQLserver and Oracle respectively. The DB capacity from report is good reference.

August 23rd, 2012 21:00

Louis,

the SAP early report alert is a summary of customer SAP performance. in these report , there are a lot of useful information of it.  if we want to see wether the customer has a performance issue on storage. normarlly we should analysis SAP performance first and then database performance. from the database performance data,we can see if there is I/O bottleneck in SAP systems.

for example:

1. from performance oveview of the report, we can see the SAP average response time and databse response time.  if the average response time is more than 2m, we can check what happens , is the Average DB time long more than 60% of average response time. then we should analaysis database peroformance.  at the same time, you can see which trasaction is running for a long time, it's very useful to analsysis theSAP  transaction peroformance when improve the performance of storage.

2.  you can check the database performance to see what's the botteneck of the database instance. 

3. you can check the hardware capacity to see if there is a bottleneck of hardware ,

161 Posts

August 23rd, 2012 23:00

Tony,

Thanks for your three methodology. It is important experience sharing here. We will try to use it in real environment.

No Events found!