Start a Conversation

Solved!

Go to Solution

September 15th, 2021 18:00

Adding Unity Device to Secure Connnect Gateway

Hi,

When trying to add a Unity into SCG it errors out?

The matrix shows you can add a single device [Page 8] https://dl.dell.com/content/docu105640_secure-connect-gateway-5-00-00-xy-virtual-edition-support-matrix.pdf?language=en_us

It also has a table that states that Unity can't be added via the GUI [Page 10]. Am, so why have the option in the GUI for Unity if it can't be added - at least have a description of how to add it?

User guide just states "For steps to configure the device, see the device-specific documentation"?

stusken_0-1631754205721.png

Hope someone can point me in the right direction

Regards

Community Manager

• 

132 Posts

September 16th, 2021 05:00

Hello @stusken

The “Secure Remote Services Requirements and Configuration" document can be found in https://solveonline.emc.com/solve/home -> Dell EMC Unity (or Dell EMC Unity XT) -> Connectivity. (this requires using your account login)

This document is still valid for Secure Connect Gateway.

Direct download link for the document https://dl.dell.com/content/docu69327_dell-emc-unity-family-secure-remote-services-requirements-and-configuration.pdf?language=en_us

I hope you find this useful and please get back to us if you have any further questions.

Menna Sobieh

Communities Program Manager
Social Media and Community Professional
Dell Technologies | Digital Services Delivery

#Iwork4Dell

1 Rookie

• 

76 Posts

May 17th, 2022 16:00

Perfect Solution.  We had the same issue, and after following this , it worked like a charm.

Gracias.

1 Rookie

• 

37 Posts

June 13th, 2022 19:00

I agree, I've found this also with Powerstore arrays. Why would DELL EMC include these as options in the GUI if you can't use them? Seems very odd from a design perspective.

January 10th, 2023 13:00

Hi,

Both links are broken. Would it be possible to provide some new working links to the documentation.

Thanks,

Eric

4 Posts

April 16th, 2023 16:00

Hi,

I read the page, but I only see information on how to setup "EMC Secure Remote Services" and nothing about monitoring unity from Secure Connect Gateway. Does this imply Secure Connect Gateway can no longer monitor unity and it's now necessary to setup ESRS separately to monitor unity?

• 

3.7K Posts

April 16th, 2023 23:00

Hello SCG supports Unity, just does not support adding from GUI.

1 Attachment

1 Message

July 12th, 2023 11:00

this reply is not helpful at all.  Anyone who has gotten to this point in the thread will have seen the document you posted a pic of.  Does anyone have a working link with instructions to add the Unity to secure connect gateway, as is the topic of this discussion?

• 

8.5K Posts

July 12th, 2023 12:00

Cmonkey74,

You should be able to go to Solve, then under Unity choose the procedure for Connectivity and it will provide you a step by step guide to adding it.

Let me know if this helps.

No Events found!