Start a Conversation

Unsolved

5 Posts

December 2nd, 2021 07:00

SGC Policy Manager certificate replacement?

Hi everyone!

I know in an early post, the question was asked about replacing the self-assigned cert on the SGC gateways and the answer was 'no'.  However, what about replacing the self-assigned certificate on the policy manager appliance?

I'd like to replace it with a 3rd party certificate - and move away from the self-signed certs.

I did this under the older Policy Manager v.7 and that was always 'fun'.  I'm hoping this is at least possible still with this newer platform.

Thanks everyone!

Troy

• 

3.3K Posts

December 2nd, 2021 11:00

Hello Troy,

I think this might be what you are looking for. Please let me know.

Policy Manager for Secure Connect Gateway 5.00.00.xy User's Guide

Page 14 : https://dell.to/31nMWxY

5 Posts

December 2nd, 2021 11:00

Thanks for the quick reply!  

Not really what I'm after, but I appreciate the suggestion.  What I'm trying to do is replace the cert inside the appliance itself for the policy manager GUI.  Instead of going to https://IPaddress:8443/ and hitting the policy manager, we have a friendly name like 'srspolicymanager.mycorp.com'.  So, I'm trying to use the friendly name (which goes to the machine) - but, I need to get that self-assigned cert inside the policy manager to use a 3rd party (with my registered name).  

The instructions were minimal at best under the ole 7.0 Policy Manager, but we figured it out eventually.  I just haven't seen anything at all about replacing the certificate to a 3rd party cert on the policy manager.  I know replacing the gateway certificate is not currently possible.

Thanks all!

May 23rd, 2022 04:00

Hi,

I also have policy manager appliance version 5.10 deployed with Secure Connect Gateway appliance 5.10. I have successfully applied custom web SSL certificate on Secure Connect Gateway user web interface and would also like to configure the same on policy manager appliance user web interface as well. 

• 

3.2K Posts

May 23rd, 2022 06:00

Hi,

here you could find the needed documentation: 

https://dell.to/3wMn2zK

Did you have any further questions?

Regards Martin

May 24th, 2022 00:00

Hi Martin,

Unfortunately it is no where mentioned in Dell documentation if it is even possible to apply custom web SSL certificate to secure web user interface of Policy manager appliance, instead of using self-signed certificate. Due to IT security restrictions with in our organization, we are not allowed to access internal web URL with self-signed certificate in Microsoft Edge browser.

If there is a documentation available on this needed procedure then please share the same.

Thanks.

4 Operator

• 

2.7K Posts

May 24th, 2022 07:00

Hello @niteesh.jain,

Sorry but I am afraid there is not such information published by Dell. Normally, it is encouraged to use the self-signed certificate so if you need to apply custom web SSL you will need to try without official documents. As there is not documentation about it that I was able to find.

Regards.

No Events found!