Start a Conversation

Unsolved

BS

9 Posts

March 15th, 2022 05:00

Secure Connect Gateway fails to upgrade and no longer can connect (5.0.7.10 to 5.10.0)

I have a pair of Secure Connect Gateway hosts.   on 3/14 the hosts identified that their was an upgrade available.     On both systems I started the update.    One host upgraded successfully.   One host errored out saying their was an unexpected issue and would not complete the upgrade.   I attempted a 2nd time after a reboot and I got the same error.   I rebooted again checked for an upgrade and now it states my system is up to date.    My SAN storage is complaining because this gateway is still unavailable.   If I test my connection from the SAN the secure connect gateway is broken. 

March 15th, 2022 12:00

Ours auto-updated to 5.10. and since then has lost connection to all monitored devices. I can't see any configuration changes that would have caused this, but immediately following the update, all devices reported a critical status log in the Gateway Activity, saying "Alert Subscription configuration failed on device ..." with detail "We could not configure the SNMP for this device" on all monitored devices.

iDRAC configs / credentials haven't changed, so it seems like the SCG has corrupted something, or there was some kind of breaking change introduced in the latest update. I'm still investigating and trying to restore functionality.

• 

8.4K Posts

March 15th, 2022 12:00

Brian.Seppanen,

Do you have a backup of SCG, if so I would suggest loading it and then reattempting the update. If not then you may want to consider calling into the OpenManage group as they will likely need to dive into it. 

Let me know.

March 16th, 2022 06:00

I am having a similar experience.  We have two SCG's.  On Monday (3/14/22) one of them upgraded from 5.00.07.10 to 5.10.00.10 with no issue.  The other one got the error at the top of the screen in red: "Update failed. Something went wrong while upgrading this gateway to latest version. Please try again later."  I tried again later in the day - same issue.  Today (3/16/22), after reading this post, I rebooted the SCG VM and tried again - same issue.  I reverted to the snapshot I made before starting on 3/14/22 and tried the update again - same issue.  I plan to open a case.

• 

8.4K Posts

March 16th, 2022 08:00

I am going to need to submit the issue, if you would private message me the svc tags, then I can see about our options. 

Thank you.

1 Rookie

• 

4 Posts

March 17th, 2022 00:00

I'm in the same situation. Yesterday I tried to upgrade my Secure Connect Gateway from 5.00.07.10 to 5.10.00.10 but I obtain every time the red banner:

Update failed. Something went wrong while upgrading this gateway to latest version. Please try again later.

Maybe it's better to wait a new upgrade that applies correctly?

I have already lost a secure connect gateway server because of a defective upgrade and I needed to restart from scratch.

Regards.

Lorenzo

• 

3.1K Posts

March 17th, 2022 02:00

Hi All,

Could you check if this helps the issue that you are having: https://dell.to/3MTBZaJ

March 17th, 2022 12:00

Same problem. Today, I tried to upgrade two SCG's from 5.00.07.10 to 5.10.00.10 but obtained the same error:

Update failed. Something went wrong while upgrading this gateway to latest version. Please try again later.

In ERSR v3 upgrades with this error mostly failed due to active "Remote Sessions". Once active Remote Session was stopped upgrade would complete successful.

March 17th, 2022 18:00

Finally both SCG's updated from 5.00.07.10 to 5.10.00.10 Once SCG "File Transfer(s)" completed or stopped, I initiated SCG update. 

DSA-2022-065: DELL EMC Secure Connect Gateway Security Update for Multiple Vulnerabilities remediation successful

March 21st, 2022 05:00

Just back from vacation.   Unfortunately, it does not appear to have worked in my situation.   It appears there is an issue with the database based on the output.

Mar 21 08:06:03 esrsde-app start_apache2@httpdR[1662]: psql: error: connection to server on socket "/var/run/postgresql/.s.PGSQL.5432" failed: FATAL: database "vapp" does not exist

+ docker exec -i esrsde-app su -l postgres -c 'psql -d vapp -c "update mft_sessions set enddatetime=current_timestamp where enddatetime is null"'
psql: error: connection to server on socket "/var/run/postgresql/.s.PGSQL.5432" failed: FATAL: database "vapp" does not exist

March 21st, 2022 08:00

I'm just getting back from vacation.    The update does not seem to apply to the issue I'm having so I will contact the OpenManage group

• 

8.4K Posts

March 21st, 2022 11:00

Sorry for the delay. 

I researched the issue and spoke with the OpenManage group, and per them it is recommended to call in to the OpenManage group to analyze the issue further.

• 

8.4K Posts

I can't assign it, you would need to contact your case owner, or you can contact the OM group and you can give the case number and they can take it. 

is it possible to check ticket  for assignment to the proper group?

No Events found!