Start a Conversation

Unsolved

Closed

B

5 Posts

June 2nd, 2023 12:00

update credential passwords via API

I'm trying to update a credential account via REST API.  I can successfully retrieve the credential information, though the passPhrase comes back as _MASKEDPARAPHRASE_@159753.  If I set the paraPhrase to what I would like it to be, and submit it back, I get 'Credential account updated successfully'.  So that appears to work, but hard to verify.  Further, when I look at secure connect gateway after trying this, it appears that connections to my devices are unsuccessful, so I think I must not be doing something right, so I'm looking for advice/guidance/examples, etc.

• 

3.6K Posts

June 4th, 2023 20:00

Hello thank you for choosing Dell. Would this help? https://dell.to/3NbDT8F

5 Posts

June 5th, 2023 06:00

That's what I'm using.  I do a get by ID, the paraPhrase comes back as _MASKEDPARAPHRASE_@159753.  If I change the paraPhrase in the json and try to put it back with the edit credential account method, it looks like it works, but connections fail so it appears the passwords really aren't being updated correctly.

• 

3.2K Posts

June 5th, 2023 07:00

Hi,

please try a clean reinstallation from SCG.

5 Posts

I'm not sure what you mean.  Build a new SCG appliance?  Create a new credential?  

• 

3.2K Posts

Hi,

A complete clean reinstall from the beginning.

• 

8.4K Posts

June 5th, 2023 12:00

Thank you. Let me look into this and I will let you know what I see.

• 

8.4K Posts

bbbsd,

I will need to research this further, to see if this is a security issue or not, seeing that once authentication fails it isn't restoring it. Now I assume that if you delete the credentials and recreate it with correct password it works normally?

Let me know.

5 Posts

If I manually put in the correct password, it works fine.  It doesn't work when I try to set the password via the API.

5 Posts

I have done a fresh install.  If I create a credential with the correct password I can add a device.  If I create a credential with an incorrect password, then use the API to allegedly update the password, I cannot use the credential to add a device.  My python updates come back with 'Credential account updated successfully'.  Is there something that needs to be done to the password before it is sent to the API?

No Events found!