Start a Conversation

This post is more than 5 years old

Solved!

Go to Solution

April 7th, 2015 23:00

Add Additional Site ID to ESRS Virtual Edition

Hi

I deployed ESRS VE today, during the process i added our primary site on the "Customer Site" page during configuration , screen shot of the page is on Page 82 of the ESRS 3.04 Installation & Operations guide, during the process i was only able to select the one site to move on to the next screen.

I have added devices in the secondary site and i get the following Validation Error:

Site ID not part of the device group. Please add the site ID to the device group from the cluster management page.

Is there a way to add the secondary site , i cant find the cluster management page ?

I have a Standalone VE at this point the cluster management page sounds like i need to add another VE and create a cluster ?

Can anyone help ?

119 Posts

April 8th, 2015 04:00

As p. 82 in the manual describes, you are only allowed to pick one Site ID to use for ESRSVE installation.  If you wanted a high availability cluster, you would deploy another OVF or VHD file and install a second ESRSVE.  And during that installation, you would pick the second Site ID as described on p. 82.  Then you would open a service request and ask EMC to create the Cluster for you.

The validation error you are receiving is because you are trying to deploy a device that is associated with a Site ID that is different from the Site ID you used to install your ESRSVE.  All the Site ID's associated with all the devices you are deploying must be added to the Cluster management page in ServiceLink, which is only available to EMC and Partners.

As Alasdair recommended, open a service request and EMC will assist you with adding the necessary Site ID's to ServiceLink.

April 8th, 2015 00:00

Hi,

I would recommend opening a Service Request with all the relevant Gateway IDs and party#'s so we can check and set this up for you.

Best regards,

Alasdair Eadie, Principal FSS EMEA

No Events found!