Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

• 

6.5K Posts

February 14th, 2017 21:00

Alternate plan for HA config for Unity

Hi ....Engineer saying

ESRS VE HA Cluster configuration is not supported in Unity .Unity currently only supports a single “Centralized” deployment to one ESRS VA system.

Then what is the alternate plan if customer really wants to have 2nd ESRS GW server just in case of first one failed ...

Would this be

1.image backup ESRS GW1 .

2.recover from Image backup ESRS GW1 to GW2

If anybody know the way around for this .... please let me know !

Thanks !

Aya

• 

6.5K Posts

February 15th, 2017 01:00

Hi RPe

thanks for the reply...

what you saying is have 2 hosts AS  ESRS GW sever for One Unity in the first place ?  (Those 2 ESRS GW servers are independent )

Am I getting you ?

thanks !

Aya

33 Posts

February 15th, 2017 01:00

If you want to take advantage of High availability feature of ESRS, I recommend you implement 2 ESRS-VE servers and deploy the Unity in that environment rather than enabling integrated esrs on your unity.

More information on this can be found in

https://support.emc.com/docu69327_Unity-Family-EMC-Secure-Remote-Services-Requirements-and-Configuration.pdf?language=en_US

33 Posts

February 15th, 2017 02:00

Correct : Deploy 2 separate ESRS-VE virtual machines in separate environments to leverage HA requirements.

In this way you create an HA environment that is capable to support almost any device from Dell EMC for remote support.

133 Posts

December 20th, 2017 06:00

I am on the ESRS Connectivity Support team.
We have been told by Unity Engineering that Unity does not support Centralized ESRS in an HA configuration.
I still cannot find any documentation on the Unity site to support this.

I have dealt with many customers that have run into this problem and there are only two options, of which I believe only the latter as a viable option.

1. Use the integrated ESRS in your Unity.

Drawbacks:

2. Deploy and provision a separate and single, non-HA Centralized ESRS VE Gateway, and have all of your Unity Boxes use this gateway.

Drawbacks:

• A waste of additional VM resources.
  • No centralized solution to manage all EMC devices.

If anyone runs across any hard documentation that Unity does not Support ESRS VE, please provide a link.

Thank you!

• 

6.5K Posts

May 16th, 2018 21:00

Hi All

Thanks you so much for the information and suggestions !

sorry for delayed response

Thanks !

aya

• 

6.5K Posts

May 17th, 2018 21:00

UPdated info ....

Unity now does supports HA config but cannot HA for Call Home functionality ...

Dell EMC Unity: Is Unity supported by ESRS High Availability (HA) (HA ESRS VE GW)

https://support.emc.com/kb/517261

No Events found!