Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

June 14th, 2017 01:00

Need to migrate from ESRS configuration tool 2.28 to ESRS Virtual Edition 3

we have been working on ESRS v 2.28 tool being deployed on a server. now we need to migrate it to ESRS Virtual Edition 3.20.

i have downloaded the ovf file and deployed it successfully on my VMware ESX server.

now, i need to migrate configurartion of devices and site id and all needed parameters that was deployed on the old tool to complete configuration on the new Virtual machine of ESRS.

is there any guide or steps to follow to complete this migration?

June 14th, 2017 06:00

Hello. There is a way to create (export) the device list from the v2 gateway and then to import that file to the v3 gateway. This is described in the Operations Guide under "Appendix A ESRS Migration Process" to be found here: https://support.emc.com/docu83402_EMC_Secure_Remote_Services_3.20_Operations_Guide.pdf?language=en_US

Alternatively you can contact DELL EMC as we have the option of using our ServiceLink tool to do basically the same. Our system will copy over the device list (if possible). Worth a try.

Good luck and best regards,

Steffen Gutzeit

5 Practitioner

• 

274.2K Posts

June 14th, 2017 07:00

In addition to what Steffen mentioned, I wanted to inform you that you need to check which EMC ESRS back-end your current ESRS v2 GW is connect to. You can check the status tab of the configuration tool to see if you are connect to esrs.emc.com (old/legacy back-end) or esrs3.emc.com (new back-end). Additionally, we recommend keeping the same IP address for the GW server if you have a lot of devices deployed. This will eliminate the need to update the call home configuration on all of your devices. It may save you some time and effort with the firewall requirements as well.

Search for this article on support.emc.com - ESRS : What IP addresses are used by the EMC Secure Remote Service Solution (000494729)

If you give us your ESRS GW SN or site ID, we can take a look for you.

Let us know if you need anything else!

Regards,

Thomas Grobelny

No Events found!