Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

August 4th, 2011 04:00

C++ Api

I am looking for documentation on C++ API for smarts. I couldn't find anything on powerlink. Does anyone have any sample code snippets? documents to help?

Thanks!

6 Posts

October 26th, 2011 14:00

Hello Kaushal,

There is no C++ API. The official and supported APIs are Java and Perl.

Best regards,

Mathieu

November 1st, 2011 06:00

I have a white paper about Openness and smarts, from powerlink which states:

"Adapters can leverage a variety of programming interfaces including C, C++, Java and Perl application programming languages (APIs), command line interfaces, Adapter Scripting Language (ASL) scripts, and XML."

6 Posts

November 1st, 2011 11:00

There is used to be a product called InCharge SDK. This module is discontinued from Smarts (IONIX) version 7 onward. They replaced the functionnalities provided by InCharge SDK in what they call Dynamic Model. If I remember correclty, you could extend Smarts capabilities using C/C++ source files and link them with Smarts libraries.

But they never published a C/C++ API to interact with Smarts domains (IP/SAM...). To query an InCharge domain, you need to use Perl/Java/DMCTL or ASL. ASL and Dynamic Model are used as well to leverage Smarts capabilities (create a custom domain, create new events/correlation, poll custom SNMP OIDs...).

If you still in doubt, contact your account manager or create a ticket via Powerlink. I guest the white paper was not updated for a while...

Best regards,

Mathieu Pelletier

No Events found!