Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

January 7th, 2013 11:00

Checkpoint Firewall Certification?

Ok, it is very possible I am losing my mind here but I cannot find an oid_to_type entry for Checkpoint firewalls.  Anybody know off-hand where this is at or did you have to field cert one?  If you did field cert, can you share?

Wayne

January 7th, 2013 11:00

Hello Wayne,

What you are looking for is oid2type_ .conf in the /IP/smarts/conf/discovery folder.  You want to look for the devices system Object ID (sysOID) in the file.  If the SysOID is not in the file try checking the /IP/smarts/local/conf/discovery/ folder for either an oid2type_ .conf file or oid2type_Field.conf file.  The oid2type_Field.conf file could also exist in the /IP/smarts/conf/discovery folder if someone didn't follow instructions correctly and placed it in that folder.  If none of these files exist or contain the SysOID for your checkpoint firewall then the device is not certified on your version of the software and you will need to get it certified.

Sean

1 Message

April 2nd, 2013 14:00

Hi Wayne

One of the problems with the checkpoints is a lot of them are based on a linux install which uses the standard Net-SNMP agent. This means you need to do a bit of extra dev work to get SMARTS to differentiate between a normal Linux host and a Checkpoint device.

As far as I know the dev team is currently working on a Checkpoint certfication but you may need to check with EMC Support to confirm that.

Hope this helps.

Stuart

5 Practitioner

• 

274.2K Posts

April 3rd, 2013 01:00

Hello,

I agree with above answer.

What is the version of your IP domain manager?

For v9.1 the below where certified:

.1.3.6.1.4.1.6983.1.10.15 Firewall CHECKPOINT UTM-1 Edge X SofaWare Embedded NG
.1.3.6.1.4.1.8072.3.2.10.1 Firewall CHECKPOINT Net-SNMP Agent 5.1

Linux cpcsoc 2.4.21-20cpsmp #1 SMP Wed Jul 5 13:59:59 IDT 2006 i686

I hope the above OIDs are what you are looking for.

Cheers

Arch

No Events found!