Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

December 20th, 2012 09:00

I would like to add a ticket ID via a popup into a notification

I would like to add a ticket ID via a popup into a notification, but do not know where to start. I was thinking using the server tools and then find a way to supply the reference through a popup on the local console.

I already get stuck on the input via a popup which is called for in a console.

Would like feedback on how to approach, because I am starting to-be-convinced that... I am looking at this in the wrong way?

Next step would be preventing acknowledging using the popup menu on an incident, but forcing the first liners to fill out a reference before acknowledging handling. But that is wishfull thinking if I already get stuck with this.

Thanks for any thoughts/time/thinking with me!

5 Practitioner

• 

274.2K Posts

December 21st, 2012 02:00

HHE,

I am attaching the user guide for the remedy adapter which talks about generating ticketID etc.

Kindly go through the same and get back if you require any further assistance.

2 Attachments

5 Practitioner

• 

274.2K Posts

December 21st, 2012 02:00

Hi HHE,

Thank you for contacting EMC.

We have a Remedy Server Tool to create ticketID. This can be used.

To add ticketID to notification; you can look into Remedy Adapters and this tool for further information.

If you can provide us with some examples that clearly explains what you're trying to achieve here; we can help you further.

5 Practitioner

• 

274.2K Posts

January 1st, 2013 07:00

Hello HHE,

Wishing you a very Happy New Year.

I'll be glad to help if you require any further assistance here.

Else, please mark this post as answered.

Thanks.

5 Practitioner

• 

274.2K Posts

January 2nd, 2013 01:00

Hi HHE,

This isn't handled as an SR.

If you're thinking that I was also handling service requests and hence this is the same; i would like to tell you it's not

This is a forum where in we are trying to answer all our customer's queries as much as possible.

You can take the time you need, but when you feel the query is answered; you can mark this post as "answered".

13 Posts

Hi Ojaswi,

I need to figure this out first, I did not open a request but tried the forum. As we were around the holiday period, I can once a while invest time.

Prettige kerstdagen en een voorspoedig nieuw jaar! - Frohe Weihnachten und ein guten Rutsch ins Neue Jahr! - Merry Christmas and a great New Year! - Joyeux Noël et bonne année!

Hans Herijgers

13 Posts

Will do! ☺

170 Posts

January 3rd, 2013 09:00

Hi Hans,

I had a quick look at this earlier and I think the easiest way of achieving this is as follows:

1.) Drop the attached BASH script into the following directory on your SAM server: SAM/smarts/actions/server/

2.) Open the Global Manager Administration Console, attach to the SAM domain and drill into Tools -> Server.

3.) Click on the server tool called "Sample - Open Trouble Ticket", and in the Program Drop down, select the new bash script provided.

4.) Click edit prompts and click Add Parameter. Create a parameter with the Title, Name and Text as TICKETID. Width = 19. See screen capture attached.

5.) Click OK, and then click Apply.

6.) Close the GMAC and back on the Notification log, right click a notification and select Server Tools -> Sample - Open Trouble Ticket.

7.) When prompted, enter the Ticket ID number and click OK. Once the tool completes the Ticket ID field will be updated with the ticket number you entered.

Please let me know if you have any additional questions.

Kind Regards,

Paul O'Rourke

2 Attachments

No Events found!