Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

January 12th, 2010 02:00

problems connecting to dashboard/broker from outside

hi all,

we want to let customers access the dashboard seeing their down devices.

therefore i configured a dashboard viewlet and deployed it in tomcat.

our setup consists of 2 servers where server1 is serving the broker and SAM, the other one the dashboard and a few IPM domains.

SAM v7 / IPM v7.2

i opened 2 ports in the firewall, 8443 to connect to tomcat, 426 to connect to the broker.

as i have only one public ip available which is mapped to the server2 (dashboard) i used tcpxd to map traffic arriving on server2:426 to server1:426.

when i connect to https://myPublicIP:8443/theviewlet.html the applet loads.

the login screen shows up and i enter

broker: myPublicIP:426

domain: mySAMDomain

user: abc

password: xyz

when i click on browse, i can see all the domains but i am not able to connect to my SAM server. an error message pops up, stating, that it can't connect to domain "mySAMDomain" on "myInternalIP". for some unknown reason the applet tries to connect to the internal ip-address of the SAM depsite it is setup in the applet and SMAuth with the public one.

i guess this is because of "brcontrol" also shows me "server1" or "server2" in the list of available domains and these hostnames map to the internal ip adresses of server1 and server2 locally.

is there a way how to handle that ?

i have read the documentation and its saying something about proxy.. but this seems only to work for accessing the webserver / loading the applet and not proxying the application itself.

any guess / solution / question is appreciated.

thanks and regards

christian

138 Posts

January 13th, 2010 07:00

Hi christian.

I get same problem. You shold assign Public IP to all servers. To connect from outside, all managers should be registred in Broker with Public IP. The outside customer should have access to Domain manager port that is running. Is no way to solve this problem with Proxy. This is really Broker lack :-(.

Also, you can migrate all managers to one server with public IP and to enjoy!

49 Posts

February 9th, 2010 05:00

Hemull,

thanks for your feedback and apologize my late response.

You are right, that is a way you can handle that but I thought there is a "better" solution for that.

Just have a ticket open with EMC. As soon as I have some news I'll let you know as well.

thx & rgds

Christian

49 Posts

February 11th, 2010 02:00

Helmull,

did you take a look on page 83 of "Service assurance Management Suite Deployment Guide" vor version 7.2 ?

You can see an overview there for a proxy setup... unfortunately without any mpre hints on the part off of smarts.

But If you intend to play around with this, check for SAM version as there was a fix for proxy in 7.2.0.14.

Rgds Christian

No Events found!