Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

October 8th, 2013 08:00

Monitoring Job activity

Hi,

My jobs activities was stopped then all SourceOne services was started.

I don't know why and it's impossible to see in log files.

Normally, they run ll the day.

Is it possible to monitore the job activity easily to see if jobs are started or stopped or running?

Thank you for your help.

48 Posts

October 8th, 2013 13:00

Hi clangard22

What you might be looking for is the new feature to SourceOne, Management Pack for Microsoft System Center Operations Manager:

With SourceOne and SCOM, you can monitor the health of your server, services and applications.  Review the attached URL, for all the details for this feature:

https://support.emc.com/docu49552_SourceOne-7.1-Management-Pack-for-Microsoft-System-Center-Operations-Manager-Guide.pdf?language=en_US

Hope this helps!

Cheers,

Brad

44 Posts

October 9th, 2013 02:00

Hi,

Thank you for your response.

The current version is 6.8.2 and it's impossible to update in 7.0 or 7.1 for the moment.

We don't have SCOM.

I thought to an easier solution with command line or script to monitore the job activity.

regards,

1 Message

October 9th, 2013 06:00

Cristohpe,

Our company, 17a-4, has developed software to monitor the health of SourceOne servers.  It does not depend of Microsoft SCOM. 17a-4’s Monitor addresses the health and compliance of an archive.  This software has been developed to alert users of issue, captures event log errors, drive space and general processing status of an archive.  Please contact me if you would like more information about the service. 

Thanks,

Andrew Hicks

ahicks@17a-4.com

5 Practitioner

• 

274.2K Posts

November 1st, 2013 16:00

Christophe:

The SourceOne Account Manager can provide you with scripts / monitoring capabilities that have he same functionality mentioned by @AndrewHicks - and they are available free of charge. Please contact your SourceOne Account Manager or Systems Engineer. If you do not know who that is, please shoot me an email and I will get you in touch with someone.

1 Message

February 7th, 2014 03:00

Hey Jeff,

I would be very interested in getting hold of some monitoring scripts for S1 would you be able to post them up here or put me in touch with someone who can help out?

Many thanks

No Events found!