Start a Conversation

This post is more than 5 years old

Solved!

Go to Solution

March 17th, 2014 12:00

Cannot install factory reinstall CD/USB on drives smaller than what came with the computer. Need remedy ASAP!

Recently installed Samsung 840 Evo SSD in my Dell 15r Inspiron 5537. They created factory restore disk from the previous drive thinking they would just install on the new SSD. After trying to install you get a masses that says cannot reinstall on drives smaller than 400 some odd gigabytes. I thought I would try a OEM version of Windows 8 CD I have. That will not install as well you get a message which says something like, "the current installed does not match the product key." So now I am stuck with a new computer with a brand-new SSD and I cannot install an operating system on it. I purchased six machines from Dell in the last six months and I want a remedy for this ASAP or never again will I purchased a Dell product. James

4 Operator

• 

34.2K Posts

March 17th, 2014 16:00

Hi James,

You can't just use any old Windows 8 OEM disc. You need a Dell Windows 8 disc. Go here to order one. 

<ADMIN NOTE: Broken link has been removed from this post by Dell>

9 Posts

March 18th, 2014 07:00

Thank you for your reply. I will do that. However I will absolutely not pay for disk that I have already paid for that should come with the computer. James
No Events found!