Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

May 22nd, 2008 21:00

DVD Problem

Hi,

I have a Dell Dimension 9200 system with Windows Vista.  I tried to play a DVD today, but when it starts, the screen has a lot of coloured squares on it.  I can hear the DVD sound,but the picture just shows the little coloured squares.  These disc`s play okay on my Dell 8400 system.  I have also tried an external DVD drive, and when connected to the 9200 system, I get the small squares on the screen.  I have tried this external drive on the 8400 system and it is okay.  I am assuming that this is a software issue. The 9200 system is still under warrenty, does anyone have an e-mail contact for the UK for Dell, as all i can find is a telephone number.  Thanks

Martin

278 Posts

May 22nd, 2008 22:00

Can't help on your UK info but I wonder if you have read thru the FAQ list yet to see what might apply to your problem?

http://www.dellcommunity.com/supportforums/board/message?board.id=dim_cdrom&thread.id=129599

Cheers, Dave

Message Edited by Digital28 on 05-22-2008 08:23 PM

4 Operator

• 

34.2K Posts

May 22nd, 2008 23:00

Martin:

Click the word Support in the upper right of your screen and log in to the main support site, then choose Contact Us, and you'll get phone, e-mail and chat options to contact tech support.

No Events found!