Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

July 22nd, 2012 22:00

DVD+R not burning

The DVD+R wont burn, is goes through the burning process. But when its done its blank???

Thats the drive I have

Tsstcorp DVD+-RW TS-H653B

4 Operator

• 

34.2K Posts

July 23rd, 2012 17:00

Hi Diggyx17,

Please tell me the model of your Dell, your operating system, the program you are using to burn DVDs and what kind of DVD you're trying to make, i.e., data, movie, etc.

2 Posts

July 23rd, 2012 19:00

Dell XPS 410, Windows Vista Home Premium, DVDRanger, Making copies of original movies to store away

July 24th, 2012 05:00

Hi Diggyx17,

My name is Shomprakash and I'm from the Dell Social Media and Communities team. I saw your query and would be glad to assist you to the best of my knowledge and ability.

Looking at the scenario, it could be an issue with the Upper/Lower Filters for the Registry Keys on the Optical Drive. This may happen if you use more than one multimedia applications which are capable of burning discs.

The ideal solution would be to run a Microsoft Fixit available at:

http://tinyurl.com/optidrive

I hope this helps. In case you require a further followup/have any comments, Kindly reply here. I can try providing step-by-step instructions on fixing the registry entries manually.

All the best!

Regards,

Dell_Shomprakash_R

Dell Social Media Responder

4 Operator

• 

34.2K Posts

July 24th, 2012 07:00

Diggyx17,

Are the movies already encoded to DVD video format, and you're just trying to burn the encoded folders/files? Or does DVDRanger encode and burn? Does the program return an error or generate a log?

Are you having trouble burning anything else?

Sorry for the 20 questions.

No Events found!