Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

May 17th, 2005 19:00

DVD +/- RW

Good afternoon!
I just bought a Dell Dimension 3000, it has a DVD +/- RW, I purchase a 25-pack of DVD-R and when I tried to make a copy of a movie, it pops up a message that says: "Please insert a blank recordable disk"; I tried several times but same thing. Then I bought a DVD+R because maybe it only records DVD+R but same thing.
I would like to know if the problem is either my DVD+/- RW unit, my burner software or the DVD's itself.
Can you help me?

15.3K Posts

May 17th, 2005 20:00

Hi Mannyboy,

What type of disc / movie are you trying to copy, home or commercial movie? What is the name / model of the DVD/RW?

Best Regards

God, grant me the senility to forget the people I never liked anyway,
the good fortune to run into the ones I do and the eyesight to tell the
difference.

CD/RW Link

2 Posts

May 17th, 2005 21:00

The movie is an original DVD of the "The Incredibles", could it be possible that it has a lock or something like that???

I don't remember the model number but it's a NEC DVD +/-RW 16X

Please reply.

Thank you.

15.3K Posts

May 18th, 2005 00:00

Hi Mannyboy,

The commercial DVD movies such as the one you mentioned, AvP, The Matrix, Harry Potter, etc are Copy Protected and the software you are using cannot do this. Also currently in the US it is illegal to circumvent this Copy Protection, the Copy-Right Law does not apply. Dell does not allow us to provide information on the how to, the software or links which anyone can find through a Google search on the subject, on their public board

Best Regards

God, grant me the senility to forget the people I never liked anyway,
the good fortune to run into the ones I do and the eyesight to tell the
difference.

CD/RW Link

No Events found!