Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

July 23rd, 2005 00:00

Dimension 3000 NEC ND-3520A installation - problems

I have a Dimension 3000 (P4 2.8GHZ, 1G RAM) that shipped with only the Lite-On CD ROM (LTN-4895). I added an OEM NEC ND-3520A DVD_RW.The first problem was the lack of DVD decoder SW. I  have used Window Media Player 10, Roxio,  Interactual Player, and Nero. I can now play a movie DVD however the playback (audio and video) cuts in and out. The DVD and CDROM are configured as CSEL. I have tried, with the best success, setting the DVD to master and CDROM to SLAVE. However now the CDROM cuts in and out. The IDE controllers are set to UDMA 5.

I'm puzzled how a PC with this much power has such a problem with simple DVD movie playback. I have an old HP Pavillion that plays DVD movies (any) without a problem. Is this a decoder problem, system config problem or ????

Any help would be appreciated

4 Operator

• 

34.2K Posts

July 23rd, 2005 19:00

Let's go back to the beginning. Restart and hit F2 to enter system setup and make sure both secondary devices are on and listed.

The best transfer mode for your DVD±RW will probably be UDMA 2, which makes me think you're looking at the wrong channel. You need to check under the Secondary Channel.

No Events found!