Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

A

August 3rd, 2008 03:00

Diskette Drive 0 Seek Failure

I recently cleaned out the fans on my comp and then when i tried to turn it on i got the Diskette Drive 0 seek failure error message, and below it it says that it was unable to find the SATA Hard drive. I have checked the cables, hopefully someone can help.

November 10th, 2009 06:00

had the same problem and did what every one said but now my cpu is stuck rebooting what did i do wrong inspiron 5315 ? please help :emotion-9:

4 Operator

• 

34.2K Posts

November 10th, 2009 09:00

Hi, robertallen7671:

You've lost your BIOS settings. When booting, hit F2 to enter system setup. Refer to your user manual for settings, but obviously you need to turn the floppy drive controller to OFF.

November 10th, 2009 14:00

can i find what the appropriate bios settings on line? dont have a users mauel the cpu from a rental company youre lucky if they work lol thanks

4 Operator

• 

34.2K Posts

November 10th, 2009 16:00

Robert:

Ok, here are some links that might be helpful. Here is your manual. Here are downloads for your machine.

Here are the online instructions for system setup.

<ADMIN NOTE: Broken link has been removed from this post by Dell>

That should give you enough to go on. Most of these settings are automatically detected but you still must go through and save the settings.

January 30th, 2010 02:00

Hi

Im also having the "Diskette Drive 0 seek failure error message" when i started up my dell inspiron 530 desktop (1 year old)

i followed your instructions within the bios of boot order, then  it would boot to 2 options
1) startup repair (recommended) when i would select this option, the computer would return with a blue screen error of;

Stop:C000021a (Fatal Sys:error) The inital Session proceess or system process terminated unexpectedly with a start of 0x00000000 (oxc0000185 0x001003c0)
The system has shut down

i attempted the whole process again this time selecting the second option "Start windows normally"
This would return a Noo Boot device available,press enter key to retry
Sato-0 installed
sato -1 installed

Ive attempted using the vista disc that came with my desktop, and have gotten as far as repair but the desktop would return a error message of

session3_initialization_failed.

Any suggestions or help would be appreciated.

1 Message

August 16th, 2010 09:00

I'm having the same problem with the Diskette 0 seek failure

But I've tried all that you have mentioned...

Here is my computer info

BIOS info 1.0.15 06/20/2008

Service Tag 2z2qdg1

Processor Type Intel (r) Core (tm)2

Quad cpu q9300 @ 2.50Ghz

Processor l2 Cache 6144KB

Memory Installed 4096mb

Memory Available 4095mb

Memory Speed 800mhz

Memory Channel Mode Dual

Memory Technology DDR2 SDRAM

Standard CMOS Features

Date Mon, Aug 16, 2010

Time 11:24:12

Sata-0 [st3500630as]

sata-1 [optiarc dvd+/-rw ad-]

sata-2 sata port not present

sata-3 sata port not present

sata-4 [none]

sate-5 [none]

Drive A [1.44m, 3.5 in.]...HA HA...I disabled this & it works now!!!

Halt On [All, But Keyboard]

1 Message

September 9th, 2010 14:00

For the error message "Diskette 0 seek failure", Dell support guided me to this:

on boot up hit F2 until see "Entering Setup"

Highlight Standard CMOS Features and

Highlight Drive A and

Select "None" and

Save and exit

and never see that pesky message again!

3.4K Posts

September 20th, 2010 18:00

For the error message "Diskette 0 seek failure", Dell support guided me to this:

on boot up hit F2 until see "Entering Setup"

Highlight Standard CMOS Features and

Highlight Drive A and

Select "None" and

Save and exit

and never see that pesky message again!

Yep,

It always stops that error message.  :emotion-21:

October 19th, 2010 17:00

Hi I am having the same exact problem and having a realy hard time finding a solution. I was wondering if you found one yet that you would be willing to share?

Why this? I know it's something stupid, Could you give more explanation on it?

10 Elder

• 

46K Posts

October 19th, 2010 18:00

Merillee.Carlisle

What is your system model number and the version of windows being used?

Are you receiving a "Diskette 0 seek failure" error message?

Bev.

4 Posts

November 20th, 2010 15:00

Normal 0 false false false EN-GB X-NONE X-NONE MicrosoftInternetExplorer4

Hi

Please could anyone help me solve the following problem with my E521 PC?

I was unable to enter Bios as this PC hasn’t got any PS2 ports so I cleared CMOS settings and now am unable to either enter Bios or even start my PC. What I am getting is an error message saying

Diskette Drive 0 seek failure

Keyboard failure

Invalid configuration information – please run setup program

On the front panel of the PC diagnostic lights 123 are on.

I have tried 3 different USB keyboards, plus PS2 keyboard with USB adaptor.

This Pc runs Windows 7.

Your help will be very much appreciated as I seem to be out of options now.

Thank you

1 Message

November 23rd, 2010 17:00

Some models/BIOS do not have a toggle to turn off the floppy drive. In that case go to peripherals and turn off the floppy disk controller. I hope that saves the next guy the 3 hours I spent poking around.  When you do a BIOS upgrade on a Dimension 530 it turns on the FDC by default even if you do not have a floppy installed resulting in the dreaded drive error Drive 0 not ready or found.   Good Luck

December 20th, 2010 03:00

Hello All

I am also experiencing the same issue with error Diskette Drive 0 Seek Failure. I have read through a couple of forums so see what possible solutuions were and so far I have tried changing the CMOS battery but still got the error, I also set Drive A to None but got rid of the error however when the machine goes by Dell Start up screen where you can select F2 or F12 it goes to a blank screen with flashing cursor at top left corner of screen. I have a Dell 530 PC.

The only other solution I have left is to reinstall Windows Vista on machine and hopefully bypass this issue. Any suggestions would be grately appreicated.

Thanks

Jamie

1 Message

January 15th, 2011 06:00

I have an Inspirion 530, i just started getting this message...i dont have a floppy drive and have tried to F2 and search for anything that may have changed but i am afraid of making any changes...can you advise what i should do next?  if possible email me directly at < ADMIN NOTE : Email id removed per privacy policy >

4 Operator

• 

34.2K Posts

January 15th, 2011 09:00

Hi Wolfiehead,

There is a complete description of how to solve the problem in this thread. You'll just have to read through the entire thing.

I'm afraid the volunteers in this forum don't have the time to email everyone that needs help. It's just not practical. That's why we post the answers here.

Good luck!

No Events found!