Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

October 19th, 2008 03:00

Driver not able to load

I get the message that the diver for TEAC DVD + - RW DVW28SLC ATA Device is unable to load. I have tried everything I can think of to get it started and nothing. This is the driver that came installed on my laptop. It worked fine until recently. I have installed various things such as itunes, directions from MapQuest, and many others. Any suggestions?

10.9K Posts

October 19th, 2008 12:00

What model of computer are you usung?  What Operating System
is installed?  Does the drive icon appear in My Computer?

October 19th, 2008 14:00

I am using a Dell XPS M1530 laptop. No, the CD/DVD drive does not appear on the computer, where it used to appear. I insert various CDs that I know previously worked, nothing. The only way to get the disc out is to use the desktop eject button.

10.9K Posts

October 19th, 2008 16:00

Look in the Device Manager .........

Start | Control Panel | System in classic view | Hardware tab | Device Manager

Click on the (+) next to DVD/CD-ROM drives.  Right-click the drive and select Properties.
Is there an Error Code (number) present?

2 Posts

October 19th, 2008 20:00

Hello there, I'm glad someone else has the same problem as I have.

The Error code that is coming up on the device manager: This device cannot start (Code 10)

I have only recently purchased my Dell Inspiron 1525 Laptop, and it uses the TSSTcorp DVD+-RW TS-L632H ATA Device.

I have also only installed Itunes and printer onto the laptop upto now!!

I hope someone can help! Thank you.

340 Posts

October 19th, 2008 21:00

http://support.dell.com/support/topics/global.aspx/support/dsn/en/tree?c=us&journalid=9BF2CFCC434411DBB08ADFC1CEB4ABB7&l=en&s=gen&treeid=005A947CCF1973F8E0401E0A55172FF4

This info specifies that it is for XP, but it also works for Vista.

Sometimes, media player programs install upper and lower filters that remain even after they are uninstalling.

1 Message

October 21st, 2008 10:00

First time on the forum…so big hi to everyone.

Inspiron 9300, XP Windows

NEC DVD+RW ND-6650A

This devise is disabled (code 22)

Tried to enable > windows was not able to enable devise

Downloaded latest driver from Dell to my desktop.

Tried to install, but get error message ‘Target NEC DVD+RW ND-6650A not found correctly’

Not sure why DVD+RW is disabled? I did recently install service pack 3 for windows. Just in case; I tried system restore to a previous date, but it did not help.

Hope you can help.

2 Posts

October 21st, 2008 17:00

Hello there, I would just like to thank Jakpro for the message above. I followed the article he suggested and all is good in the hood again.

It seems when I was installing Itunes onto my laptop, it was affecting the filters, which disabled the driver to the DVD RW.

Cheers once again!!!

1 Message

April 30th, 2009 12:00

When I click on that link it reads that I don't have enough priveledge to view this content. What is this? A Dell caste system for an incompatibilty issue between their DVDRW and iTunes?

No Events found!