Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

S

January 29th, 2006 13:00

Dubbing DVD/VCR

Can anyone recommentd a dubbing DVD/VCR. Reviews on the web indicate that there are shortcomings with all models like Sony, Toshiba and Panasonic. I would like to download or read JPEG photos to the DVD/VCR. Maybe it's too early for this technology.
Sherr 

4 Operator

• 

34.2K Posts

January 29th, 2006 17:00

Sorry, I don't know what a dubbing DVD/VCR is. What are you trying to do? View jpegs on a DVD player?

459 Posts

January 29th, 2006 18:00

By dubbing I mean the transfer of  information on one medium to another. From DVD to VCR tape or from VCR tape to DVD. For example if I have JPEG photos or movies on DVD then the DVD/VCR player allows you to copy the photos from DVD to tape or reverse from tape to DVD. If you search the Sony, Panasonic, Lite-ON or any of the DVD recorder manufacturer web sites you will find a new class of recorder that have DUBBING capability and some have the capability to read JPEG files on to DVD. I am not knowledgeable about this feature. But the reports on the web indicate that these devices have problems or are missing important features.

Sherr

4 Operator

• 

34.2K Posts

January 29th, 2006 23:00

Ok, I see where you're going. Most newer DVD players can view photo CDs. All you need to do is load up a disc with jpegs and pop it in the DVD drive. I'm unaware of the ability to somehow transfer these to a VHS tape.
No Events found!