Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

September 17th, 2017 12:00

Feels Bad due to the lack of hard drive stand.

So I purchased Dell inspiron 7567 last month with the highest spec model, and surprisingly the lack of hard drive stand for upgrade immediately caught my attention. After chatting several agents for few days their excuse has been consistent that it is because my spec does not have hard drive so no stand included, and to obtain one you need to pay 22 dollars just for that. Up to this point I already felt disappointed since it should not be the case especially when I go for the highest spec, they should not prevent me from upgrading by not including the hard drive stand. However, I kinda believed that they do so solely because my model does not configured with hard drive, until I watched another video on youtube today

It was purchased around the same time by a youtuber, the spec is the $800 model with no hard drive as well. And yes, when he opened the back panel the hard drive support was there!

Glad I saw this before I made recommendation to my friends.

Thank you Dell and Good bye.

4 Operator

• 

2.3K Posts

September 22nd, 2017 13:00

A lot of times when you get something that has an M.2 SSD or NVME drive installed, you will not get the caddy for an HDD as it would be classified as an accessory.  You will find that with a lot of OEMs depending on the model and price point.  Why the Youtuber received one and you didn't who knows.  

No Events found!