Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

September 10th, 2012 09:00

Inspiron 1525 battery not charging

Battery LED flashing   (1 --- blue & 4 --- orange)  & battery not being charged.   Laptop works via charger.  Have tried holding down start button with nothing connected but no joy.   Have also tried new battery & still no joy.      I would be greatful if any one has any further suggestions.

Thankyou

September 10th, 2012 10:00

Hi Ronbo70,

As you have already tried a new battery, the issue could be due to the system board.

Updating the BIOS of the system might help. To update the BIOS, please open the following link:

http://dell.to/NkDOMW

On this link, select the operating system installed on your system and look for the latest BIOS version under the ‘BIOS’ category.

Please disconnect all peripherals (Printers, external drives, iPod, webcam etc.) before updating the BIOS. Ensure that the battery is > 10% charged and the AC adapter is connected.

In case the above step does not help, check the status of the battery in the BIOS by performing the steps given below:

a) Restart the system.
b) Press F2 at Dell logo to enter the BIOS.
c) Navigate to ‘Battery Health’ under the System category using the down arrow key and press Enter.
d) In the right pane, it would show the status of the battery. Please let me know the same.
e) Also navigate to ‘Battery Info’ and let me know the AC adapter status listed in the right pane.

Please let me know if you have any questions. I will be glad to help.

3 Posts

September 11th, 2012 05:00

Hi Gaurav

Bios is the latest (A17)  Battery health "OK" This battery performing normally 0% charged.

AC Adapter "unknown device" despite being Dell original, &  its outputting 19.5 volts

4 Operator

• 

34.2K Posts

September 11th, 2012 07:00

Hi Ronbo70,

There are lots of threads on this topic. Some have suggested solutions, but in other cases a replacement motherboard was needed to solve the problem.

Although your thread belongs in the laptop general hardware forum, I'll leave it here since we already have a conversation going.

No Events found!