Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

February 18th, 2005 10:00

Lite On Combo SOHC-4832K

I acquired this CD-RW/DVD Combo drive from an HP machine. I installed it into my Dell, new hardware was found, and everything appeared functioning within normal parameters. I was about to install CD Burning and DVD software in this newly installed drive and that's when the strange symptoms occurred...

For some reason, once the CD is inserted it seems to take an unusually long time to read. I double click a 'setup.exe' within the CD and the hourglass just kept spinning and spinning. I close Windows Explorer and receive XP's "Not Responding" message.

I searched all over the Internet to find a solution to this problem in all sorts of languages. Neither HP or Lite On Technologies had what I needed. There aren't any drivers for it. I guess the closest solution was to upgrade its firmware, but I can't seem to find the correct one for this drive. Has anyone had this similar problem or know a solution to this?

By the way, I do not have the original HP manufacturer CD.

15.3K Posts

February 18th, 2005 17:00

Hi Eddie,

Dell ships their systems using the Cable Select jumper feature, so we must ask how / what jumper setting did you use?

Best Regards

God, grant me the senility to forget the people I never liked anyway,
the good fortune to run into the ones I do and the eyesight to tell the
difference.

CD/RW Link

10 Posts

February 20th, 2005 09:00

Yes, it is set on Cable Select.

I searched several articles on line and there have been cases where people would flash this drive to read as SOHC-5232, so I gave it a shot.

The symptoms are still the same. Any suggestions?

No Events found!