Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

February 28th, 2009 06:00

Recovery Drive (D:) full after only one week?

My new pc's recovery drive(d:) is full after only one week of use.  The drive is only set at 14.9 GB, and i am unable to create a restore point. Is there a way I can increase the size of drive d: ?

14.4K Posts

February 28th, 2009 07:00

Technically you should not be using the D driver for anything as that is where the recovery partition is housed. Using the D drive appears to a default setting for the restore settings and why Dell sets this up is another mystery.

Now the D or recovery drive is useful if you are wanting to have the option of restoring the computer to the exact same condition as when you first powered it on. If haveing this option is not important to you then you can go ahead and wipe it out and use it as a secondary drive.

Another thing you can do is is to right click on my computer icon and select properties. then select the system restore tab and lower the amount of disk space that is available to the system restore, and if you are wanting to save your recovery partition place the restore file back on the C drive

3 Posts

March 3rd, 2009 15:00

Ok ,and thanks for setting me straight.  I will leave this alone...but is there a way to turn off the notification?

March 4th, 2009 00:00

If I were you I would Delete ALL Data you have writen to the D: Drive and Do Not use it as it was stated above This Partition is For the Restore Function ONLY.

No Events found!