Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

March 27th, 2004 03:00

TEAC DVD+RW DV-W58E - question about Audio CD-Text

Hi,

I bought a Dimension 8300 with a CD/DVD burner: TEAC DVD+RW DV-W58E.   I burned a few audio CDs using Sonic Record Now.   I cannot make the song's title/artist to be written on the disk.  When I play the CD, I only see Track 1, Track 2, Track 3.   I also tried with Windows Media Player.  In Media Player, I went in Properties and it says CD-Text: Unsupported.   Is this the problem?   Is there a fix?  I looked on the TEAC support site and it says that this device support CD-Text.   And one of my co-worker bought the exact computer as me, with the same burner, and he doesn't have this problem.  Please help...

9 Legend

• 

33.3K Posts

March 27th, 2004 12:00

This is from the Roxio help file on CD Text.

CD TEXT is a feature that allows you to store text information like the disc title, artist name, and track titles on a music CD. This information can then be displayed on consumer electronic devices that support CD TEXT information.

You can enable the feature on your disc if your recorder supports CD TEXT and you record your disc in Disc-at-Once mode.

Make sure you are recording "disk at once", not "track at a time" and that CD text is checked.  I'm not familiar with Record Now, but it should have these options.

An additional note, I record my audio CD's using Disk at Once and CD text is displayed, using Roxio Easy CD Creator and I've never seen the song titles on any PC media player.

1 Message

March 27th, 2004 14:00

In addition to firebirds suggestion, try nero for burning and just put a checkmark on cdtext option.

You can download a player from Plextor for cdtext verification after the burn. I think Teac have a cdtext player also.

My Toyota Solara cdplayer have cdtext capable player and I don't have to guess whats playing anymore. Kinda neat.

No Events found!