Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

S

March 24th, 2008 17:00

TSSTcorp CDRWDVD TS-H493A Problems

So i tried to burn a CD a few days ago and every time that i tried to start the burning process it told me to insert a blank CD. So i thought maybe the CDs didn't work but they worked fine on my brothers computer. So I found my Dell drivers disk and reinstalled the drivers from there but that didn't change anything. I also tried to enable/disable the drive, uninstall/reinstall, and I also decided to just restore my computer to see if that would work (It didn't). Before i restored the CD drive was fine other then it couldn't burn CDs. But after the restore, it stopped working completely. It no longer reads any type of disk i put into it. So i tried looking for the driver on the manufacturer's website, as well as Dell's website, and couldn't find anything. I cant find much information on this CD as it is. I find the TS-H492A but i cannot find anything on the TS-H493A. I also made sure in "setup" that the drivers were turned on and all that good stuff, still nothing. Any help on what I can do now?

forgot to add that is TSSTcorp CDRWDVD TS-H493A, version - D200 

Message Edited by skippyy on 03-24-2008 01:40 PM

10.9K Posts

March 24th, 2008 18:00

Does the drive appear in My Computer

Look in the Device Manager .............

Click on the (+) next to DVD/CD-ROM drives.  Right-click the drive and select
Properties.  Is there an Error Code (number)?

4 Posts

March 24th, 2008 21:00

Yes is shows in my computer and in device manager. No error code. "This device is working properly."

10.9K Posts

March 24th, 2008 22:00

Run the Dell Diagnostics on the drive.  The Diagnostics may
be on your system.  Press F12 for the boot menu at startup
while the blue Dell screen is showing.  Have a data CD (not
music CD) ready for the read test.  The Dell Resources disc
is a good choice.

4 Posts

March 25th, 2008 01:00

Im not sure what happened but it reads CDs again. But not all Cds. It will read the Dell CD but not blank discs or Music. Oh and i ran i diagnostics and it passed all the tests.

10.9K Posts

March 25th, 2008 11:00

It could be a marginal laser or possible the lens may be dirty.
If you have "canned air", you can try that to clean the lens.
If the laser is weakening, it may be the beginning of the drives
failure.

4 Posts

March 26th, 2008 08:00

thanks for the help im pretty sure its just broken.

TSSTcorp was not the way to go:smileyindifferent: 

No Events found!