Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

January 30th, 2004 15:00

Toshiba DVD-ROM SD-C2502

I just reinstalled Windows ME on an inspiron 4000 PIII. The toshiba DVD drive shows as a Standard CD ROM and does not recognize DVD's. I am not sure what drive I have to download to correct the problem.

Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks

Lport

14.4K Posts

just reload the windvd cd to be able to playback dvds!

28 Posts

I checked the WinMe reinstallation disk and the driver folder had no DVD drivers. It did not come with a seperate disk. Dell has been no help with this problem. Note: The inspiron is 1 1/2 years old. It is my sons. The computer was infected with a virus. I performed a clean install and am now getting the drivers up and running. The dvd driver is the one I am having problems with.

Any ideas?

Thanks for your reply Bacillus

Lport

14.4K Posts

January 30th, 2004 17:00

iirc with win98(never used ME), the optical drive is normally recognised in device manager under cdrom & not under dvd.
you do NOT need any third party drivers for the dvd drive as the necessary drivers are built into thr windows OS.
I assume that the drive is seen in my computer & there are no error messages in device manager!

28 Posts

January 30th, 2004 18:00

Thanks for the info. My computer does see the CD drive. I guess all I need is a DVD player. I will Download one and see if that works.

Thanks for your help.

Lport

No Events found!