Start a Conversation

This post is more than 5 years old

Solved!

Go to Solution

August 18th, 2018 13:00

Unable to update SSD firmware

Hi, I have several Dell-branded Intel SSD DC S3610 400GB drives (Model SSDSC2BX400G4R, DPN: 08CDHV) which I am trying to update from firmware DL22 to the latest DL2D.  I don't have access to a Dell server and am getting the following error when trying to run the upgrade package in Linux:

"This Update Package is not compatible with your system configuration."

Please let me know how I can upgrade these drives to the latest Dell (or Intel) SSD firmware in my system.

Thanks, James

1 Message

May 18th, 2019 14:00

SOLUTION: after many hours of trial and error, I have found "Dell Nautilus Firmware Update Utility for SAS and SATA disk and solid state drives", which is an UEFI-bootable ISO and USB-stick, that takes care of SSD updates on any hardware, non-Dell, non-RAID, no problem.

Here you can find the latest one (A19) that contains said SSD's latest FW, from  15 Aug 2017:

https://www.dell.com/support/home/us/en/04/drivers/driversdetails?driverid=125p6&oscode=w12r2&productcode=poweredge-r630&lwp=rt

After wasting 12+ hrs on Dell Raid-cards and Dell Servers and error messages instead of successful updates, Nautilus took care of it within minutes.

Additional info: I don't know whether or not the latest Nautilus contains all earlier SSD's latest FW's or not.

August 23rd, 2018 15:00

My guess is a matching Dell hardware system is required to update the Dell firmware. I cannot update mine using the Windows version as I don't have any Dell server hardware either. Intel SSD Toolbox is no help with the Intel firmware as well.
By the way, my S3610 shows 10,064 Power On Hours according to Intel SSD Toolbox but it's supposed to be never used. Any idea if that's a RAW value and how to convert it to actual hours?

Dell (Intel) S3610 SSD has 10,064 Power On Hours at SMART

Do you mind telling me what's the Power On Hours of yours? Thanks. 

3 Posts

August 23rd, 2018 21:00

Sure, see my reply to your other thread.

August 24th, 2018 15:00

I think the Dell brand S3610 requires a Dell server for the update. Perhaps you can borrow one for a few minutes? Hope you can get it worked out soon. Best wishes.

1 Message

April 19th, 2020 01:00

THANK YOU FOR THIS!!!! This saved me hours of searching. I have an Intel S3710 in a laptop and this solution worked perfect. Great job updating this post for others to reference, even after is was a year old. Saved us all headaches.

No Events found!