Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

February 10th, 2008 01:00

Updating Intel ICH8R/ICH9R SATA RAID Controller

I noticed there is an update for the Intel(R) ICH8R/ICH9R SATA RAID Controller on the dell download section dated for January 2008. I cannot figure out how to install this update. It extracts it into a folder but the directions are rather confusing to me! I have tried updating the driver and pointing it to the newly downloaded drivers, but it says windows is already using the most recent version, though it is dated for 6/2007. I have two 500 GB HDD's running in RAID mode. I periodically get the BSOD with the cause being IASTORE.SYS. Seeing as how this is a newer version I thought maybe it would fix that error...if I can only figure out how to install the new drivers. Do I really have to reinstall windows and hit F6 to install these new drivers??! Is there no other way to update these drivers short of reinstalling windows? I am running Windows Vista. If I uninstall the Intel(R) ICH8R/ICH9R SATA RAID Controller in device manager and reboot, Vista reinstalls the old drivers with no option to cancel so I can do it manually. Can anybody help me? My computer is XPS 410, Windows Vista Home Premium 4 GB RAM.
Message Edited by jmiah22 on 02-09-2008 09:51 PM

935 Posts

February 10th, 2008 12:00

For the SATA RAID drivers there are a couple of downloads on the Drivers & Downloads page. One is the Intel-Driver (dated 1/24/2008) which contains just the SATA driver files which you would use when installing your OS. The other is the Intel-Application which is the Windows Intel Matrix Storage Manager Application software and also contains the same drivers (dated 6/12/2007). Both are version 7.5.0.1017.

I don't know how to manually install the drivers without reinstalling the OS. You could try launching the Intel Matrix Storage Manager application within Windows to see what version you have. If it's earlier than above, just download the Intel-Application and install it. It will update your drivers and the application. There is a more recent version of this application at Intel's site (v7.8.0.1012). You could download it and install it to see if it fixes your issue.

1 Rookie

• 

3.9K Posts

February 10th, 2008 12:00

Download and install the updated Intel Storage Manager Windows SW, see if this resolves the BSOD issue

No Events found!