Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

July 30th, 2005 09:00

What is Sonic DLA and do i need it?

before i get into my message, let me state that i realize this maybe a very dumb question to most of you, but it isnt to me.  i want to know what sonic DLA is and whether or not i actually need it.  i am a bit obsessive about backing up my music to DVD's and almost every time i put a DVD that is full of information (i should mention that they are blank DVD's that i have recorded things onto) i get a weird message about compatibility issues with my version of sinc DLA.  what is this program?  i like using iTunes to burn my cd's and data DVD's...so is this sonic thing something that i can just delete?  i know that i never added it to my system; and i believe that it came bundled with my computer.  i was just wondering if anyone knew more about computers than i do could help me out.  thanks in advance

15 Posts

July 30th, 2005 09:00

i forgot to add that i have a dell inspirion 5150 and i am running windows XP.

14.4K Posts

July 30th, 2005 12:00

sonic is your Dell preinstalled burning software!

14.4K Posts

July 30th, 2005 17:00

I don't know so I will let someone else answer your query.

15 Posts

July 30th, 2005 17:00

yeah, i sort of figured that out after i posted my message, but what i havent figured out yet is whether or not i can uninstall it and simply use iTunes for all my burning needs

15 Posts

July 30th, 2005 22:00

okay thanks for trying though

279 Posts

July 31st, 2005 14:00

I believe it's the module that writes data to CD's using drag and drop, similar to Roxio's Drag to Disc.  It overrides the built in Windows XP CD burning module.  This way, when you use drag and drop to burn files to a CD, it uses Sonic instead of Windows.  I left this item in my startup hive. 

1 Message

March 5th, 2016 08:00

before i get into my message, let me state that i realize this maybe a very dumb question to most of you, but it isnt to me.  i want to know what sonic DLA is and whether or not i actually need it.  i am a bit obsessive about backing up my music to DVD's and almost every time i put a DVD that is full of information (i should mention that they are blank DVD's that i have recorded things onto) i get a weird message about compatibility issues with my version of sinc DLA.  what is this program?  i like using iTunes to burn my cd's and data DVD's...so is this sonic thing something that i can just delete?  i know that i never added it to my system; and i believe that it came bundled with my computer.  i was just wondering if anyone knew more about computers than i do could help me out.  thanks in advance

No Events found!