Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

L

August 6th, 2006 17:00

dimension 2400 hard drive trouble

i have a dimension 2400 and the mother board died and i was wondering if i could swap my hard drive into newer dimension model. I dont know if it would work but if it does anybody have a list of model numbers? And if it doesnt work what would be a cheap way to save my hard drive?

10 Elder

• 

46K Posts

August 6th, 2006 18:00

luck_y_777 wrote:

"i have a dimension 2400 and the mother board died and i was wondering if i could swap my hard drive into newer dimension model. I dont know if it would work but if it does anybody have a list of model numbers? And if it doesnt work what would be a cheap way to save my hard drive?"

Are you trying to transfer the data on the hard drive to a new system?

Bev. 

August 8th, 2006 21:00

i would like to save my current hard drive but if not possible try to save my files on the hard drive

10 Elder

• 

46K Posts

August 8th, 2006 22:00

luck_y_777

You could try installing the old hard drive, as a slave in the new system and transfer the data you need.  Note, you can only transfer data, all programs and applications must be reinstalled from their CDs or from the publisher's site.

Bev.

August 9th, 2006 19:00

can i install the hard drive as a slave into any other computer? or does it have to be a dimension 2400?

10 Elder

• 

46K Posts

August 9th, 2006 20:00

luck_y_777

Yes.   But, it may be a temporary or a permanant installation, depending on the new computer model.

Bev.
No Events found!