Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

February 11th, 2010 00:00

Generating list of R1-R2 devs and also hosts associated to it

Hi experts,

I have StorageScope 6.0 installed, and currently I am trying to figure out how to obtain some data.

What I want is a list of R1 devices and their R2 partners and also the hosts that they are masked out to. I realise that I can do this via symcli commands, but those commands are very specific(needs some scripting to gel together), ie. its just displays a certain area whilst I need a more complete report. I was thinking of generating this via StorageScope so that I can export this to an xls sheet. For e.g:

Local Host     R1 device     R2 device          RDF Status            Remote Host

Server1          1A20            1A20                 Synchronised        Server2

I have tried a few options in StorageScope, but somehow all my outputs are either invalid or there is just too many being displayed.

Hopefully someone out there has some way to do this?

Thanking you all in advance.

2.1K Posts

February 11th, 2010 07:00

I haven't tried this yet, but from my experience with StorageScope I suspect you are going to have to run 2 separate reports. The first would show the local hosts for the R1 and the second would show the remote hosts (for the R2). If you want to combine them together into one report you might have to get really creative with some custom SQL.

If I get a chance later today I'll have a look and see if I can come up with anything.

59 Posts

February 11th, 2010 08:00

You need to write SQL to do that. Current StorageScope query builder has limitation to display array replicas pairs. There are two ways to show R1-R2 devs:

1. In STSAPI, STS_ARRAY_REPLICA provides all the information you need for replica pairs. The below query will be able to give you the result you want:

SELECT pri_host_alias, pri_sd_alias, rp_host_alias, rp_sd_alias, rp_type
  FROM sts_array_replica;

Please login to STSVIEW account in RAMBDB to run the query.

2. In DSS, SRMArrayReplica provides the same information as STS_ARRAY_REPLICA in STSAPI. You can write similar query in DSS to get the result. In DSS, the SQL query needs to join with SRMHost and SRMArrayDevice table to get host name and array device name. If you prefer, you can create custom snapshot in dashboard and copy your SQL there. So the result will be able to display through dashboard.

12 Posts

February 16th, 2010 23:00

Hi Allen, Sarah,

Thanks for the that. I have been playing around with this as well, but it still looks like I'm crawling around in the dark.

I think you guys are right, that I may need 2 separate reports for this.

Actually at this point, I would be very happy if I can get an output like this :

Array     Host     R1 device     R2 device

DMX-x   serv1     0123           0123

Then I can have 2 separate reports and think about the combo later.

Still each time I try to build my query, I am getting : Error Encountered while running query.

I selected the Host and also Primary and Seconday Device, no go

59 Posts

March 5th, 2010 10:00

You won't be able to get R1, R2 pair through query builder. The easiest way to get replica pair and their host allocated information is login to STSVIEW account in ECC repository and select data from STS_ARRAY_REPLICA. Please see my previous post for sample SQL query. The available columns are documented in STSAPI reference guide.

5 Practitioner

• 

274.2K Posts

March 10th, 2010 08:00

I have recently been generating capacity information relating to replicas, the query below is spin-off from that work.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Try placing the attached crystal report .rpt file in:

E:\ECC\STS610\SrmConsole\reports\Oracle

or similar on your StorageScope server. Then go to custom reports in StorageScope, then import and run it.

It runs the query below against the StorageScope emcstsdb database and produces an output like:

SRDFReport.jpg

Fields displayed are:

Localhost - Localarray - R1 - R1type - Arrayreplicatype( SRDF) - Remotehost - Remotearray - R2 - R2type

Lots of configuration information but unfortunately, no status information.I don't think that it is available in StorageScope.

Alternatively, if you set up an ODBC connection from say, Excel, to the StorageScope emcstsdb database, you could run the query from your desktop. In Excel this is done from the menu>Data>Import External Data>New Database Query... But that is another story...

SELECT DISTINCT
  SRMArrayreplica.PrimaryHostName LocalHost,
  srmarrayprimary.arrayserialnumber LocalArray,
  srmarraydeviceprimary.arraydevicename R1,
  srmarraydeviceprimary.arraydevicetype R1Type,
  SRMArrayreplica.ReplicaType ArrayReplicaType,
  SRMArrayreplica.ReplicaHostName RemoteHost,
  srmarrayreplica.arrayserialnumber RemoteArray,
  srmarraydevicereplica.arraydevicename R2,
  srmarraydevicereplica.ArrayDeviceType R2Type
FROM
  SRMArrayreplica,
  srmarraydevice srmarraydeviceprimary,
  srmarraydevice srmarraydevicereplica,
  srmarray srmarrayprimary,
  srmarray srmarrayreplica
WHERE
  SRMArrayreplica.ReplicaType = 'SRDF'
  AND NOT  (SRMArrayreplica.PrimaryHostName IS NULL)
     AND srmarraydeviceprimary.arraydevicekey = SRMArrayreplica.primarydevkey
       AND srmarrayprimary.arraykey = SRMArrayreplica.PrimaryArrayKey
         AND srmarraydevicereplica.arraydevicekey = SRMArrayreplica.replicadevkey
           AND srmarrayreplica.arraykey = SRMArrayreplica.ReplicaArrayKey
Order By
  SRMArrayreplica.PrimaryHostName  

Regards,

Andy

1 Attachment

No Events found!