Start a Conversation

This post is more than 5 years old

Solved!

Go to Solution

May 25th, 2012 04:00

HostSanityCheck: Disk Presence: Failed (Solaris 10)

Hello,

I am running EMC Ionix ControlCenter Version 6.1.0.9.614 - GA8 while running MAGENT 6.1.0.7.446 & HAGENT 6.1.0.7.446 on my Solaris 10 clients. I have Solaris 10 clients running with Update 9 & Upgrade with native MPxIO turned off on one instance and turned on in another. However all machines show the "HostSanityCheck: Disk Presence: Failed" aleart despite having a whole bunch of LUNs with active ZFS zpools.

Has anyone seen this error before? Is there any dependence in having PowerPath installed to surpress this message?

Regards

Steve

2 Intern

• 

233 Posts

May 31st, 2012 01:00

Hi Steve,

The reason for the error is that the UB7 Host agent installed on the Solaris 10 hosts is not coded to support ZFS pools.

Support for Solaris ZFS file system was added with UB9. Page 155 of the latest support matrix Table 44 shows the File system supported for each OS and ControlCenter builds supported.

Upgrade the host agent to UB9 or above and you should no longer see the host agent producing the "HostSanityCheck: Disk Presence: Failed" alert when checked the ZFS filesystems.

Regards

Conor

2 Posts

May 31st, 2012 09:00

Thanks! This is the info I was looking for.

No Events found!