Start a Conversation

This post is more than 5 years old

Solved!

Go to Solution

January 7th, 2016 10:00

SRM reports, any way to drill down for Serial Numbers on Isilon

So we have this project where we want to clean up our relationship between SRM and ServiceNow and we need to be able to correlate each Isilon node with a serial number and validate that info. Basically we want to see if SRM and ServiceNow are reporting the same data.  I've poked around SRM and I can get a lot of data but I simply cannot find where I can get a complete list of the nodes in the cluster and the associated Serial Numbers.

Anyone done something similar before? Or does this require a license?

January 8th, 2016 04:00

Thanks all, I didn't think that was possible but had to verify. I checked every config option when checking the reports output and SRM gives you a lot of options, just SerNo is not one of them.

Appreciate it!

48 Posts

January 7th, 2016 13:00

I have no Isilon to test against right now (my lab is down ) but looking at the definitions spreadsheet it looks like it should be captured? What does a Complex search for '!part & serialnb & datagrp=='ISILON2-NODE-PERFORMANCE-METRICS'' (Expand on device,serialnb) give you ?

Otherwise it should be possible to customise the collector to extract it, since you already have license for Isilon collector you do not need an additional license to customise that, you just need time.

41 Posts

January 7th, 2016 16:00

Hi Brian,

The property "serialnb" which is in the APG DB not displayed  in the reports is actually the "guuid" and not the serial number.   Customer support modified the collector to collect the serial number for all nodes and that did not work.  We contacted the Isilon folks and they clarified that there is no RESAPI call support in Isilon which can return s/n for the nodes.   We can only get the s/n for the first node.  We will work with Isilon product mgmt.to open an enhancement request for this.

Thanks

Anu Shivnath

No Events found!