Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

August 20th, 2012 23:00

Upgrading IP manger 7.0.3 to 8.1.3

Dear All,

We are running at IP manager 7.0.3 and want to upgrade the same to a higher version 8.1.3.

Can you please guide me with some quick steps. So far I have got the information that It is needed to be installed freshly on the different directory of the same senver and then we can migrate the old version to newer version.

looking for some dcouementation on the same or some quick step will also be very helpful.

Regards,

Manish

15 Posts

August 21st, 2012 05:00

You can find the info you are looking for in 8.1.3 install guide.

Yes, you need to start fresh.  You do not have to be on the same physical server.  There is sm_migrate utility that is shipped with 8.1.3 that can be used for migration on the same or different hosts

If it is on a different host the utility and some Perl files  will need to be copied over to the old host. Then a tar pkg will be created and you will need to get it over to the new host.  The okg will contain all the customizations and config changes you have made.  It will also have RPS files.  So if you have a lot of backups in rps directory I would clear them out and leave the ones that you need.

http://powerlink.emc.com/km/live1/en_US/Offering_Technical/Technical_Documentation/300-013-655.pdf?mtcs=ZXZlbnRUeXBlPUttQ2xpY2tDb250ZW50RXZlbnQsZG9jdW1lbnRJZD0wOTAxNDA2NjgwNjU5NzE1LGRvY3VtZW50VHlwZT1wZGYsbmF2ZU5vZGU9MGIwMTQwNjY4MDQ5ZDY4Zl9Hcmlk

52 Posts

August 29th, 2012 18:00

To add to what the previous user mentioned, we are in the process of refining the migration/upgrade utility for subsequent releases.  If there is room for improvement, please let us know.  If it worked perfectly, please *also* let us know.  Some positive feedback on occasion is nice to hear!

No Events found!