Start a Conversation

This post is more than 5 years old

Solved!

Go to Solution

July 7th, 2010 01:00

storage dashboard to show historical data

Dears

Is there an option on CC to enable our customer of viewing the historical status of thier storage , for example the used capacity 6 months ago or 1 year ago , or to issue an enquiry with a variable time duration for thier storage growth ? and if this feature already exist in CC would it require a specific license to be enabled ?

this is required as part of thier capacity planning in order to establish a trend depending on historical growth.

Thank you

Saif Azar

33 Posts

July 8th, 2010 05:00

Sazar,

As we briefly discussed offline yesterday, the Storagescope Quick Reference Guide (sent via email) provides some high level explanations for running queries, adding snapshots to the Dashboard, configuring the ETL schedule and enabling data trending.

Dawn Stanley

EMC Global Services

90 Posts

July 7th, 2010 08:00

Hi Saif

While historical data is not available in the ControlCenter console this information should be available if StorageScope is installed.  StorageScope does require a licence and is a fairly complex component on it's own.  Please let us know if this is the information you are looking for or if you had a more specific question regarding StorageScope.

Regards,

Paul Young

EMC Global Services

3 Posts

July 7th, 2010 23:00

Hi Paul

Thank you for your reply ,

Yes our customer does have the storagescope license , so can they go back in time to see thier storage status before 6 months or a year , or do they need to configure something first to enable this feature ...?

REs

Saif Azar

33 Posts

July 13th, 2010 04:00

Saif - Have you had a chance to review the Quick Reference Guide?  Do you have any further questions about obtaining Historical Data?

Dawn Stanley

EMC Global Services

33 Posts

July 13th, 2010 05:00

Excellent!  Thanks for your quick reply, Saif.

Dawn Stanley

EMC Global Services

3 Posts

July 13th, 2010 05:00

Yes Dawn , i did have a look at it , and i forwarded it to our technical engineer as he will  be meeting with the customer to try it out ,i think its what we need , but we are waiting for this to be confirmed with our customer.

Thank you

Saif Azar

No Events found!