Start a Conversation

Solved!

Go to Solution

November 16th, 2021 12:00

OME API's DeviceService/Devices missing devices

As I ingest from OME Version 3.8.0 (Build 35) using DeviceService/Devices every day, I notice that the number of devices returned from this interface diminishes nearly monotonically.  After four months, I'm getting <80% of initial count.  I can verify that most, if not all devices in the missing list are visible in the UI and correctly inventoried.  The missing device would not reappear in DeviceService/Devices even after inventory rerun.

How can I get complete devices list? (Also, why missing devices grow?)

21 Posts

November 18th, 2021 12:00

For reference's purpose, this topic is actively discussed in the OME board under OME 3.8.0 API dropping devices.  I have confirmed that /api/DeviceService/Devices listing drops the device's ID whenever the device is rebuilt with a new name.  If you want to read more, go to the other topic.  I'll close this one.

21 Posts

November 16th, 2021 15:00

Update: The URI used for Splunk ingestion is /api/DeviceService/Devices, which lists devices, not /api/DeviceService/Devices(ID) which can drill into details of individual devices.  I tested one device ID that stopped showing up in /api/DeviceService/Devices months ago.  Interestingly, /api/DeviceService/Devices(ID) still returns data about that device, even though the ID is no longer retrievable.

Is there an alternative endpoint/call to retrieve full list of all IDs?

No Events found!