Start a Conversation

Unsolved

D

1 Message

June 10th, 2020 17:00

Activating Windows - Contacting an English speaking Tech support in China

I purchased a G3-3590 late last year while in China.  The Windows OS was a single language version.  I asked my employer IT initially to help me upgrade to a multi-language and they loaded a company licensed version of W10 pro. I subsequently went to my MS account and purchased a Win10 Home version myself.  A few months ago, I started getting notifications that my Windows license was going to expire.  I went through the steps on the email link to install and upgrade with the Licensed version that I had purchased, but now, I have a notification pasted on my desktop that I need to activate Windows.  I tried several times to change the Product code to the one I purchased, but the system tells me it will not accept that code.  I tried contacting Dell Tech support in the US, but my location is currently in China, and I get referred to them.  Unfortunately, even with my browser set to translate, I cannot get through to them to assist in resolving this "Activate Windows" issue.  I do not speak or read Chinese.  Anyone able to assist?

• 

25.7K Posts

June 10th, 2020 20:00

Thank you! We have received the required details. We will work towards a resolution via private messages to ensure the security of your information. In the meanwhile, you may receive assistance or suggestions from the community members as well.

No Events found!