Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

S

January 23rd, 2018 14:00

Dell SupportAssist Remediation memory usage problem

In my taskmanager the Dell SupportAssist Remediation service is taking up 1,5gb of memory:

Is this normal?

I'm on a dell XPS13 9360

1 Message

January 24th, 2018 21:00

Hello, 

I'm also experiencing the random high memory usage of Dell SupportAssist Remediation.

I'm experiencing it on my XPS 15 9550.

1 Message

January 28th, 2018 12:00

I have the same issue with a XPS 8910.  I had to stop the service as it was expanding to the point WIN 10 crashed.  This just started on 1-27-18 so not sure what Dell did other than my warranty is out and I am getting lots of calls from salesmen trying to get me to renew it.  So maybe Dell is doing this on purpose to get $$ from loyal customers by causing issues with their machines remotely.  

1 Message

February 1st, 2018 17:00

Same problem on a Dell XPS 8900. Dell SupportAssist Remediation memory usage jumps to ~2GB.

Initially the Commit, Working Set and Private Memory use are each at ~2GBs with Shareable at only 27MBs. After 10-15 minutes the Commit memory stays at ~2GB but the Working Set and Shareable drop to 27MBs while Private drops way down to only 0.7MBs.

A moment ago, the Commit, Working Set and Private memories jumped to ~3GBs, Shareable is still at 27MBs.

Just now, Commit memory all of a sudden between 0.5 and 1.5GBs finally stabilised at ~1GB.

I've been watching it for the past 30 minutes after I think a memory leak crashed my computer when the Modified portion of memory slowly climbed from ~5% to ~90%. Anyone else getting similar behaviour?

2 Posts

February 2nd, 2018 02:00

I used the Task Manager to turn it off and all the processes have returned to normal, for now, at least...

2 Posts

February 2nd, 2018 02:00

Same problem here; my PC has ground to a halt.  :-(

February 7th, 2018 14:00

It's only getting worse here.

1 Message

February 14th, 2018 20:00

I see this... hmmm cannot insert image, but 5.7GB !! what is going on

1 Message

February 18th, 2018 22:00

I uninstalled Dell Support Assist Remediation in the Control Panel, but it still shows up in the Task Manager.  I have to disable to every time I turn the computer on because it uses up to 97% of my memory (with nothing else running), rendering my computer useless.  After I disable it from Processes in Task Manager, everything works just fine and the memory usage goes down to something like 25%.  I will NEVER EVER buy another Dell Computer. 

1 Message

March 4th, 2018 22:00

After press win+R type in:"msconfig", click:hide Microsoft services, I found it.

probably it is  a service that seems ready to run when you turn on a Dell computer.无标题.png

I don't know what is it used for, but maybe the ban could be done to stop Dell SupportAssist Remediation.

1 Message

March 12th, 2018 06:00

Same problem here

1 Message

March 13th, 2018 15:00

Same EXACT problem here... Someone from Dell, we need an answer for this immediately.

1 Message

March 13th, 2018 23:00

Exactly the same problem with  Inspiron 3650.

I have to turn off Dell SupportAssist Remediation from task manager every time I start up the computer!

1 Message

March 14th, 2018 18:00

It's sad that Dell don't look into this problem. I have to practically uninstall Dell Support Assist Remediation program to settle the issue. My laptop just hang there while running firefox or when it's even loading up the icons on my desktop.

9.4K Posts

March 19th, 2018 03:00

Hi Sjoelbakje,

Thanks for posting.  Apologies that your system is not performing as expected.

There is a Dell support team willing to assist with this issue.  They will need you to run a program on your machine that will provide them with a log of what's happening, and once the log is analyzed they will be able to assist with your issue. 

Please contact me privately and I will give you the instructions.  Here is a tutorial on how to send a private message.

Regards,
Robert

1 Message

March 19th, 2018 14:00

Robert P;

This seems to be a bit of "too little, too late". As you can see by the tail of this thread there are plenty more people who have this Dell 'virus' problem, and I'm sure there are others who have not posted who are either not savvy enough to pinpoint the problem or haven't found this forum in which to air it.

A lot of those 'victims' here have deleted all things Dell in response. You have lost trust.

Dell needs to get a handle on this thing and move past trying to handle each incident individually.

No Events found!