Start a Conversation

Unsolved

M

4 Posts

February 26th, 2021 06:00

XPS 13 9370, USB-C ports not working after Windows 10 updates

Hello,

My laptop recently updated (I assume as I restarted it) yesterday (25 February 2021) and the 2 USB C Ports on the left side of my Dell XPS 13 9370 laptop no longer work with mouse, charger, or any USB flash drive. The single port on the right side of the laptop still works with the charging cable and mouse, however, and I cannot figure out why the left ports do not work. I have tried the methods to previous fixes as described in Solution Attempt 1 and a few other comments on other searches but nothing is working. Has anyone had this issue and found a fix for the recent issue?

• 

25.7K Posts

February 27th, 2021 00:00

We tried reaching you on a private message asking for the Service Tag number to ascertain the warranty but did not receive a response. Please feel free to reply to the private message whenever you are available.

All other users, please start your own threads on the applicable Laptop board.

4 Posts

March 1st, 2021 08:00

Hello,

I do not know where to find the service tag. However, some updates to my original post have occured!

First, after a day or two I rebooted my machine and all ports were working. Then, as of this morning, the right port does not work and only the back left port works, not the front one. I have no idea what sort of updates are being sent out, but the one that was sent a day or so ago worked best!

Stephen

P.S. This forum is quite difficult to use. I cannot access a page that tells me what I have posted, and the messages I have received in the inbox could only be viewed in a teeny tiny window that allowed only two lines of text at a time. I do believe an overhaul of sorts is in order.

4 Posts

March 6th, 2021 09:00

Okay, the ports are working as of 3 March, 2021 11:54 AM Central Time.

1 Message

May 28th, 2021 13:00

Where is the solution?  I have the same problem and nothing works so far.

1 Message

January 3rd, 2022 08:00

I cannot find the solution. The button "Go to solution" just loops back. Please help! My USBC ports are all unstable. Thank you 

6 Posts

January 18th, 2022 19:00

I have same problem. Is there a solution?

2 Posts

May 20th, 2022 09:00

The same thing happened to me on Jan. 25/26 and was rectified with another update on Feb. 2.  Now, the April 16, 2022 update has caused the same issue.

Somebody in charge of the updates needs to get the message.

2 Posts

May 20th, 2022 10:00

This is not a warranty issue. The problem is with the SupportAssist updates. It has happened to me twice, with the first instance rectified by a subsequent update. The latest instance, April 16, 2022, has not been fixed yet.

No Events found!