SupportAssist for PCs

Last reply by 09-28-2022 Solved
Start a Discussion
2 Bronze
2 Bronze

Fail Support Assists PCI Bus - Functional Tests - D0701

Hi Everyone, 

My Alienware R12 desktop gave a few beeps this morning so ran a Support Assist hardware scan. The following failure was detected: 

Screenshot 2022-06-28 202746.jpg

Is this a major issue? Everything seems to be working ok otherwise. The machine is only 6 months old and is running latest BIOS supplied by support assist.

Thanks for you help

Replies (58)
2 Bronze
2 Bronze

Same issue here. Unsure why they can't figure it out.

2 Bronze
2 Bronze

same issue on my G15 5511 (1 mo. old)  ran the diagnostic no issues found computer seems to be working fine but it's annoying b/c the error code isnt going away.

I know this isn't a true fix, but this thread's solution discusses how to disable automated scans which should help prevent the message for now. It details how to give you a bit more control over when/how things are run with SupportAssist.   

If still under warranty, click the "Get help now" icon on the right to start a live chat session.
Find your Service Tag

2 Bronze
2 Bronze

I have just discovered this issue. My laptop is 1 mo old and does not show any issues. I discovered this after running SupportAssist for no real reason. Of all laptops I had, all of them had some issue sooner or later. 

I'm having the same problem, it doesn't seem to be anything serious. I contacted Dell Support and they said it was nothing but a SupportAssist error, not a hardware issue.

That makes me sad, I'm sorry I hope they have a resolution soon.

2 Bronze
2 Bronze

I solved it for myself. I uninstalled Support assist and haven't had the problem since.

I chatted with support and they gave me instructions how to do PSA test. I did that and it shows no issues. Then I went back and did the hardware test again and PCI sub was not failing any more, but I got two other failures. Now there is a contradiction between the PSA test and the support assist test. My computer is working fine, it does not show any issues on the surface day to day. 

This makes me angry!!!!  Uninstalling till they fix it. what is it a virus? <Profanity removed. TOS76>

!!

YES YES YES

Latest Solutions
Top Contributor