Start a Conversation

Unsolved

AN

1 Message

August 8th, 2020 15:00

Improvements

I've had issues with not getting all of the proper drivers on my PC, and it hurts me that Supportassist doesn't actually use your service tag to check for drivers that aren't there, even though it will update the ones you have, it won't get ones that you're missing, like if you did a system reset and your drivers were gone, and I'm not sure how you would back up a driver. The point I'm trying to make is that it would be an amazing use of the identification system in place where Supportassist would use your service tag when checking in the Dell website, but it would not only check for updates, it would also check for drivers that are missing, making it really easy to get missing drivers that a more common person would think that they wouldn't need, or if the driver actually isn't useful, for example Intel's graphics driver is trash compared to Nvidia's graphics driver, yet all you would have to do in order to get Supportassist to ignore it after you've deleted it, would to be to check a box off. To make sure that the more common people don't just check it off and potentially ruin there system due to a missing driver, there should be shortened-down explainations that are easy to understand, and just quickly go over what the driver is meant to do, and what would happen if you uninstalled it.

This would be a major quality of life improvement, not just for people who don't know computers that well, (or make it easier for people who are experimenting with their computers to recover their system easier) but to make it easy for the people at Dell to install a completely new OS and BIOS, by having a version of Supportassist OS recovery tool, that would essentially just download the entire computer's original OS, drivers, and other things that would have been included thanks to the service code, and if it's unable to fetch the service code, you could enter it into the recovery tool and it would fetch the software associated with that service tag. I'll post some other things later when I think of them, but I would like to see your ideas when it comes to improvements. Also, Dell doesn't have to think of new features that people will enjoy, if people post their ideas and it gets well reception.

• 

25.1K Posts

August 9th, 2020 06:00

Thank you! We have received the required details. We will work towards a resolution via private messages to ensure the security of your information. In the meanwhile, you may receive assistance or suggestions from the community members as well.

No Events found!