Start a Conversation

Solved!

Go to Solution

June 28th, 2019 23:00

Installation of SupportAssist does not end

After uninstalling SupportAssist (SA) and rebooting. I tried to reinstall SA by launching SupportAssistInstaller.exe as administrator. It downloads up to 100% then the cancel button is disabled and nothing more happen. Im' stuck on "Updating SupportAssistant" screen. Thanks for your help.

4 Operator

• 

3.4K Posts

July 8th, 2019 06:00

Thank you for the event files. Please Perform a clean uninstall (If any of these exists)

• Uninstall “Dell SupportAssist” and “Dell SupportAssist Agent” from the control panel.

• Delete folder “C:\ProgramData\PCDr\”

• Delete folder “C:\ProgramData\PC-Doctor, Inc “

• Delete folder  “%Appdata%\PCDr“

• Delete folder  “C:\Program Files\Dell\SupportAssistAgent”

• Delete folder  “C:\Program Files\Dell\SupportAssist”

• Delete “HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\PC-Doctor”  key from “windows registry” (Regedit).

• Delete “HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\WOW6432Node\PC-Doctor” key from  “windows registry” (Regedit).

• Delete “HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Dell\SupportAssistAgent” key from “windows registry” (regedit).

• Ensure the following 4 windows services are removed from ‘Windows Services’.

Dell Data Vault Collector

Dell Data Vault Processor

Dell Data Vault Service API

Dell SupportAssit

4 Operator

• 

3.4K Posts

July 1st, 2019 13:00

Thank you for your message. I will be glad to assist you with this.

Please uninstall all entries of Dell Support Assist, Support Assist remediation, Dell update, SupportAssistAgent, PCDr, PC-Doctor, My Dell, Dell Support Center, Dell Data Vault, maybe you can use any 3rd party uninstaller software to remove these applications.

Once done restart the computer, complete Windows update & install Support from this link

For my reference, please click on the message tab next to your avatar– click “New Message” & search for my Dell username (Dell-Sreejith R) & send a private message with the service tag, registered name & email address.

How to find the service tag

No Events found!