Start a Conversation

Unsolved

D

1 Message

October 4th, 2020 05:00

SA OS Recovery Tool 5.1.4.11989, won't install, failed status

I've tried restarting my computer and installing it again but I still keep getting the failed status. A step by step way to resolve this would be helpful.

• 

25.1K Posts

October 4th, 2020 23:00

We tried reaching you on a private message asking for the Service Tag but did not receive a response. Please feel free to reply to the private message whenever you are available.

• 

25.1K Posts

October 6th, 2020 14:00

Thank you! We have received the required details. We will work towards a resolution. You may receive assistance or suggestions from the community members as well.

SA (SupportAssist) uninstall/reinstall

* The PC should have the latest BIOS and Intel Chipset Device Software driver already installed. Go here
* Choose Laptops or Desktops & All-in Ones
* Choose your series
* Choose your model
* Click DRIVERS & DOWNLOADS
* Save the latest BIOS and Intel Chipset Device Software drivers to your Windows desktop
* Once both are saved to the Windows desktop, close all browsers
* Right click each one and Run as administrator. Install the BIOS first, then restart. Then install the Intel Chipset Device, then restart

* Right click the Start menu button and select Control Panel
* Under Programs, select Uninstall a program
* In the list of programs, locate and select Dell SupportAssist
* At the top of the window, select Uninstall
* When done, look for Dell SupportAssist Agent and SupportAssist Update Plugin. If found, select Uninstall
* When done, restart the PC

* Go here to download SupportAssist
* Click, "Download SupportAssist"
* On the bottom of the browser, click Show all
* Click Show in folder
* Right click SupportAssistInstaller, left click Run as administrator. Follow the prompts
* When finished, restart the PC

* Go here and download/install the SupportAssist Update Plugin
* Right click SupportAssist Update Plugin, left click Run as administrator. Follow the prompts
* When finished, restart the PC

No Events found!